Sign in to follow this  
Dragn

Lost menu bar in P3Dv3.1

Hi all,

I've searched in vain for answer to why when I start P3Dv3.1 the top menu bar is missing.  I made sure I was in Windowed mode (Alt + Enter) and even right clicking on the screen show nothing.  I can't change settings, change airport, change anything?  Anyone ever see this or have a solution?

Thanks in advance

Rob Abernathy

Robert Abernathy

The menu appears once focus is on P3D window and "Alt" key is pressed. AFAIK this could't be reassigned, so i would suggest to check if you don't have a higher priority (than P3D) app/software running, that "consumes" your "Alt" key. I know this by experience. I own TrackIR. It runs on a higher priority than my P3D and all the keys i assign there, don't work on any other window. Good luck

Hello

I also lost the menu last week, plus I also lost Flying Tooltips + Ctl-X. (Right after a new ASN install)

I don't know what went wrong, but deleting the Prepar3D.cfg file did the trick,
I just had to redo all settings.

Maybe this works for You.

Cheers.

Hi all,

I've searched in vain for answer to why when I start P3Dv3.1 the top menu bar is missing.  I made sure I was in Windowed mode (Alt + Enter) and even right clicking on the screen show nothing.  I can't change settings, change airport, change anything?  Anyone ever see this or have a solution?

Thanks in advance

Rob Abernathy

Don't forget you can hide/restore the menu bar from the right click mouse menu (usually).

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi,

Does anyone know why the menus disappear? Deleting the Prepar3d.cfg file works but resets everything to default!

Thanks,

Ammar