Sign in to follow this  
bobterri

Does it fix stutters?

I started a conversation on the MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum entitled "NewComputer +FSX-SE + Windows10 + stutters."  To make a long story short, I have been plagued by stutters on a new computer running FSX-SE and after running all the suggested tweaks, etc., nothing has really solved it.  I was wondering if Steve's Fixer could help with stutters?  I'm not looking for guarantees, just others who have installed Fixer and seen improvements with stutters.  Anyone?

Bob Bressert

Sorry to say but it was opposite for me when I tried DX10, stuttering or hitching got worse. But frame rate did go up and it looked nicer in some ways, even if I could never get anti-aliasing to work as properly as in DX9. So I'm in DX9 for now.

You just have to try it for yourself on your system and see what happens. I believe there is a demo or lite version of the fixer somewhere in the library.

I would not count on the Fixer eliminating (or even reducing) your stutters as described in the long thread in the FSX Forum.  My system is almost identical to yours, and I wouldn't fly without the Fixer (and DX10), but your issues are not centered on any DirectX API.  Sooo, the Fixer could enhance your simming experience but won't do much for your stutters.

Good luck,

Greg

I started a conversation on the MS FSX | FSX-SE Forum entitled "NewComputer +FSX-SE + Windows10 + stutters."  To make a long story short, I have been plagued by stutters on a new computer running FSX-SE and after running all the suggested tweaks, etc., nothing has really solved it.  I was wondering if Steve's Fixer could help with stutters?  I'm not looking for guarantees, just others who have installed Fixer and seen improvements with stutters.  Anyone?

Hi Bob. I was helping a young simmer out on the P3D facebook group and he was having issues with slow loading textures and stutters. Turned out it was the slot his video card was sitting in. Instead of the PCI slot running at x16 it was only running at x1. He called the manufacturer and they did some testing and ended up having to RMA his board. I'm not sure if this was something already suggested in your other thread but may be worth a look. He used GPU-z to monitor his card and that's where he saw the slot was only running at x1.

Other than that, I would agree with the consensus so far in this thread that the DX10 fixer won't help eliminate stutters.

Good luck!

Mike 

All, 

Thanks.  

Mike,

I have GPU-Z installed so I'll give it a look, however, my textures don't load slowly. Texture loading is great.

Also, as I stated on the other thread, I downloaded and installed the X-plane demo, and with just about everything on the highest setting I'm getting a very fluid, stable simming experience.  If my problem was a hardware problem I would think that X-plane would be unstable also.  

Anyway, I don't want to hi-jack my own thread and recreate the same kind of thread I already started previously...just some thoughts.

Bob Bressert

Mike,

Ran GPU-Z and the card is running at x16 as it should.

Bob Bressert