Sign in to follow this  
roadrabbit316

Twin Frequency ILS tuning problem

I have a problem common to all my aircraft simulations, default and add-on, with regard to ILS tuning.

I operate out of an airfield (EGGP) where the ILS frequency is the same for both runways: 09 and 27. However, only runway 09 ILS tunes in correctly, even when I select ILS 27 from within an FMS/FMC. The ident. also only displays for runway 09 - 'ILVR'.

No-one else with whom I have spoken has the same problem, and the ILS for runway 27 tunes correctly, with correct ident. for them.

This is a problem that has only occurred within the last few months as I used to be able to tune either ILS as required.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I just did  autopilot coupled ILS approaches at at EGGP for both 090 and 270 degrees with frequency 111.75 tuned .

Both worked all the way to touchdown.

I have a scenery problem at that airport , the ILS is NOT located on the runway ! ? ! !

In each case I landed on the grass about 200' from the runway on the apron side of the runway .

Questions :

1. Have you loaded a addon scenery for England ?

2. Have you loaded a addon airport scenery for EGGP ?

3. Have you tried both of the EGGP ILS in another aircraft that is not fitted a FMS/FMC  , and did it work ? 

4. Out of curiosity what is your EGGP airport called ,

- Liverpool , or ,

- John Lennon  ?

Cheers

Karol

I operate out of an airfield (EGGP) where the ILS frequency is the same for both runways: 09 and 27. However, only runway 09 ILS tunes in correctly, even when I select ILS 27 from within an FMS/FMC. The ident. also only displays for runway 09 - 'ILVR'.

Hi, John,

Something similar once happened to me because of two AFCADs installed for the same airport.  One was from commercial scenery, the other was (I thought) only supposed to add in approach lights.

Karol has some good questions too.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Guys,

Yes - I suspect it may be two AFCADS loaded, so I will go and check.

I have Orbx Global and Vector, also the UK2000 Xtreme scenery loaded for Liverpool EGGP. I also have the VFR scenery for England. I have not made any changes recently and the problem only started a couple of months back - before then it worked correctly.

The problem occurs with all aircraft including the FSX default C172 with no FMC (basic ILS tuner and display).

Liverpool Airport, EGGP, is also known as John Lennon airport B)

And, finally .......... yup, default FSX scenery will land you short of runway 27 (about 1/4 mile), and between the runway and the parallel taxiway A. Gives Liverpool ATC gray hair at times!

I have just tried uninstalling the UK2000 EGGP Xtreme scenery - no change, problem still there.

Hi John

I seem to have accumulated a few duplicated AFCADS , they are a pain , in the following screenshot you can see their

duplication effect in the radar display of the airport detail , Grrrrrr ......

YAMB.jpg

I remember that I had John Lennon previously , I hadn't done an ILS there until now , but I used to fly there often several years ago ,

the airport had some of the largest Hardened rooftops available in the Sim , I used to lower the tailhook on the F-111 and do arrested landings

(aircraft carrier style) on them , loads of fun .

Cheers

Karol

Success!

I have resolved my ILS tuning problem. By a process of elimination I discovered that TRAFFIC360, which, like many others, I have been using for online model-matching, was the culprit. By unticking the box in either FSX Scenery under <Settings>, or performing the same action under <Scenery Configurator> add-on program, the problem disappeared and the ILS tuned to the runway in use at EGGP even though using the same frequency for both runway directions.

Happiness is  ..........  a working ILS  B)