Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ayad

FSUIPC Requirement

Hello all,

Am I required to buy FSUIPC in order for add-ons such as the PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777, PMDG 747-400X, PMDG 737 Extension Pack and other add-ons such as Active Sky 2012 to work without any problems?

As for my hardware, I usually just configure them through FSX by setting buttons to what I want them to do in FSX.

Your replies are highly appreciated. 

Hello Andrew:

Unless something has changed, no you don't have to purchase FSUIPC. As freeware, it will do all the basic functions that those add-ons require

If you want to unlock all the functions of FSUIPC, then you need to purchase it.

It isn't very expensive though, and it is a very handy program.

- Roger

Am I required to buy FSUIPC in order for add-ons such as the PMDG 737NGX, PMDG 777, PMDG 747-400X, PMDG 737 Extension Pack and other add-ons such as Active Sky 2012 to work without any problems?

No, none of those use FSUIPC at all. You don't even need it installed.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

May I know what is FSUIPC used for exactly

Well I use it for interfacing most of my hardware, could not manage without it.

Just the profiles function is worth the price, then there are the mouse macros that let me use my hardware with many addons that otherwise could not be interfaced.

Download the documentation and be amazed at what this software can do for you.

• Upvote 1

It isn't very expensive though, and it is a very handy program.

Download the documentation and be amazed at what this software can do for you.

Absolutely! Pete Dowson, developer of FSUIPC (and one of the posts on this topic...) is a genius and once you master FSUIPC (not trivial but doable) it is extraordinarily useful. More than well worth the price. Specific aircraft profiles allow me to have different combinations of different types of controllers with aircraft specific button and axes assignments.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

No, none of those use FSUIPC at all. You don't even need it installed.

Pete

Funny thing, if I don't have FSUIPC installed (I have the freeware), every time I end a flight with my PMDG 737, FSX would crash -  with it installed, PMDG 737 flights exit smoothly with no errors. This has been the case for me through any number of total system rebuilds - suppose it could be a coincidence, but it's reliable as the sunrise  :smile:

May I know what is FSUIPC used for exactly? It is not even used for AS2012 or ASN?

AS2012 used it, and even ASE when with FS9. But ASX and ASN take full advantage of the direct interface offered by SimConnect, which commenced in FS from the FSX version.

FSUIPC was derived from FS5IPC (for FSW95) and FS6IPC (for FS98), and was a continuance of those interfaces, originally written by Adam Szofran, for all FS and CFS versions since then. Hence the "U" for "Universal" instead of the FS build number.

FSUIPC offers a free interface into FS for applications needing to obtain information about the current aircraft and its flight and environment, and also to allow control over it. That's its original and continuing purpose in its unregistered (free) mode.

Because of its intimate relationship with the inner workings of FS, a large number of user facilities have been added over the years, making it into a sort of toolkit for FS Users. These facilities are enabled by purchase and registration.

All this information is available for you to peruse at your leisure in the documentation which is installed in the FSUIPC Documents subfolder in FS's Modules folder, when you install FSUIPC, whether you register or not.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen