Sign in to follow this  
Helix1250

Question on updates

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify I'm not a MCE owner just yet, I'm just waiting to try the demo with PF3 before purchasing.

My question is, how do you recieve updates for MCE? Is the a button on a control panel to click or do you need to down load the updates manually when you find ones available?

I'm just trying to find out how MCE works, I don't surpose there's a user manual out there that I could down load and look at, I didn't see one on the website.

Regards Rob

Hi Rob,

you have to check yourself for updates.

I remember big important updates you get an email.

To install the new update you have to uninstall the old 1 first via control panel.

Can't fly without it anymore :smile: .

And the support is topnotch

Regards.

John Cramer

There is a user's guide available. Just Google multi crew experience. It's the pdf file on the first results page.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

@starter, thank you for the info I'll make a note to check back every now and then to see if there's updates/fix's posted :)

@jablino59, I had googled it, but all I found was the MCE quick guide. I'll have another go tonight :)

Thank you both for the replies :)

Rob

It's important to realise that MCE support is so good that they'll issue an update to cover a problem that just one person is having!

(How many other software developers would do that?)

So, it's not necessary to install every update that's issued.  :smile:

I look forward to trying it as soon as it works with PF3, and I think there support back up sound excellent :)

Rob

Thank you for the link FS++, I will have a look thought it while I wait to demo it with PF3.

And thank you for taking the time to post a reply :)

Regards Rob

Can't find any update to download. There's only the demo version. I'm still on 2.6.48, never received an email. How can I update?

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Can't find any update to download. There's only the demo version. I'm still on 2.6.48, never received an email. How can I update?

It's the same Demo package that gets activated via a unique activation key file sitting inside MCE installation folder.

Package has just been updated today to support Captain Sim L1011 Tristar, as well as PF3 ATC system.

Anyone can have a go at the Demo. Just follow this link

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

On March 1st. Starter stated that you have to Uninstall the current version before updating to new version yet your post says nothing of the sort.  Do we have to uninstall before we install new update?

Garry Lundberg

Poor Rob just asked a simple question. Rob, just check your current version, then look at MCE's web site and compare. Download it, if newer than your version. save it to desktop. uninstall your version first, then run the new installer from your desktop. I can't count how many times I've updated, but it works every time. Sometimes it may ask you to run the App Wizard as if it's the 1st time you have used it, but that takes 2 minutes and all is well.

Take care,

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

@simaddict (Mike) thanks for the reply, and the answer to my question :)

In fact thank you all for posting.

Rob

I look forward to trying it as soon as it works with PF3, and I think there support back up sound excellent :)

Rob

Yes, nothing to do with voxatc