Sign in to follow this  
Fleahead

MCE Woes After 2.6.5.9 Install

P3dv3.1  - Windows10 - i7 - GTX970 - 16G

After installing 2659, I've noticed some strange things. The observations listed below are evident on both Aerosoft A320X and Carenado C90GTX. MCE is loaded and Real Cockpit Crew Coordination - Talk To ATC Controllers - Sim User Interface Voice Control are the only three features set under the General tab. Both of the planes I use are C&D when loaded.

1)  The first thing I always do after loading the flight, is have MCE open the flight planner to load the flightplan. Now, when I say SHOW FLIGHT PLANNER the information bar tells me Dialog voice activation not permitted in critical phase. I get the same message  when I attempt any interface control commands that used to work before. I just go ahead and manually open the flight planner to load my flight plan.

2)  Command SET PARKING BRAKE - I see "set parking brake" appear on the text line, but MCE says Do you want to destroy the gear on landing or what? Let's pretend I didn't hear that. This is occurring before I even turn the batteries on.

3)  Command GEAR UP/DOWN - During cockpit prep, if the gear is already down and I say "Gear up" MCE responds with Gear already up. If I say "Gear down", MCE says Speed check. Gear coming down.   It appears to me from these responses that MCE believes we are already in an establish flight. 

4)  I can't set the speed in the autopilot. When I say "SET SPEED 159" I see the exact verbiage in the text line, but MCE responds with  I'm sorry, what did you say? Speed? If I reply with "159" MCE will say Confirm that. After that it just ignores me. All other AP commands work fine like "ALTITUDE 5000" or "HEADING 250". 

These issues are consistent. Happens every flight... every time.

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

P3dv3.1  - Windows10 - i7 - GTX970 - 16G

After installing 2659, I've noticed some strange things. The observations listed below are evident on both Aerosoft A320X and Carenado C90GTX. MCE is loaded and Real Cockpit Crew Coordination - Talk To ATC Controllers - Sim User Interface Voice Control are the only three features set under the General tab. Both of the planes I use are C&D when loaded.

1)  The first thing I always do after loading the flight, is have MCE open the flight planner to load the flightplan. Now, when I say SHOW FLIGHT PLANNER the information bar tells me Dialog voice activation not permitted in critical phase. I get the same message  when I attempt any interface control commands that used to work before. I just go ahead and manually open the flight planner to load my flight plan.

2)  Command SET PARKING BRAKE - I see "set parking brake" appear on the text line, but MCE says Do you want to destroy the gear on landing or what? Let's pretend I didn't hear that. This is occurring before I even turn the batteries on.

3)  Command GEAR UP/DOWN - During cockpit prep, if the gear is already down and I say "Gear up" MCE responds with Gear already up. If I say "Gear down", MCE says Speed check. Gear coming down.   It appears to me from these responses that MCE believes we are already in an establish flight. 

4)  I can't set the speed in the autopilot. When I say "SET SPEED 159" I see the exact verbiage in the text line, but MCE responds with  I'm sorry, what did you say? Speed? If I reply with "159" MCE will say Confirm that. After that it just ignores me. All other AP commands work fine like "ALTITUDE 5000" or "HEADING 250". 

These issues are consistent. Happens every flight... every time.

Typical symptoms of MCE not getting data via fsInsider.dll as expected.

1) commands to display sim dialog boxes are inhibited when conditions aren't met. This is to prevent them popping-up on takeoff or landing

2) FO refusing to set parking brake because he thinks aircraft is airborne.

3) Good guess.

4) He's not allowed to set the speed below a certain level when airborne, hence the constant request to confirm.

Just a reminder, when Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend you disable it, you MUST

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "Prepar3D.exe", "fsx.exe" or "fs9.exe" to run as administrator.

After that, Windows will allow fluid communication between the sim and MCE which runs externally for better stability and less sim VAS usage.

The above doesn't apply when UAC is disabled. You could install MCE anywhere.

UAC is always disabled. Everything in my FS is set to Run As Admin. Since this started immediately after installing the latest version, I simply uninstalled and reinstalled. That fixed it. That's what I should have done in the first place, but for some reason I failed to follow my own normal troubleshooting procedures. Thanks for the reply. I've been using MCE since you released it, and have very few issues.

Jim in Ohio

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR