Sign in to follow this  
macwino

Anyone using PFC USB turboprop TQ with Q400 or Turbo Duke v2?

I would like to know if anyone has experience using the PFC USB turboprop TQ with the Real Air Turbo Duke v2 and the Majestic Q400. I am most interested in learning if you've been able to use fsuipc to program the detents built into the TQ for the beta range on these planes.

Thanks,

Robert

Mine will be delivered in a couple of days; I'll let you know.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

As far as I am aware, the Q400 comes with its own configuration software to set up throttle lever positions and so on...

You need to configure the values yourself by hand. I run a Saitek Cessna Pro yoke and have configured the throttles accordingly such that the beta and reverse range is accessible through the levers...

A

Mine will be delivered in a couple of days; I'll let you know.

Gordon, that would be terrific and most appreciated. 

I'm looking for some reassurance from someone who has actually been able to setup the detents with this particular hardware. PFC's sales department has been very discouraging in this regard. Essentially, they've told me to use X-Plane if I want to use their TQs. Due to their stiff restocking fee, I was hoping to get some further actual user feedback before taking the plunge. I look forward to your report.

Thanks.

As far as I am aware, the Q400 comes with its own configuration software to set up throttle lever positions and so on...

Andrew, thanks for your input. It turns out I too use this built-in facility for setting up my Saitek TQ. I was hoping to get some actual user feedback with the PFC turboprop TQ before proceeding with this purchase.

Gordon, that would be terrific and most appreciated. 

I'm looking for some reassurance from someone who has actually been able to setup the detents with this particular hardware. PFC's sales department has been very discouraging in this regard. Essentially, they've told me to use X-Plane if I want to use their TQs. Due to their stiff restocking fee, I was hoping to get some further actual user feedback before taking the plunge. I look forward to your report.

Thanks.

Andrew, thanks for your input. It turns out I too use this built-in facility for setting up my Saitek TQ. I was hoping to get some actual user feedback with the PFC turboprop TQ before proceeding with this purchase.

No problem.

I've just bought a second hand bundle on ebay ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322010392482 )

I only intend to keep the turbo prop throttle, will be selling the other 3 as they are of no use to me for the aircraft I like to fly in P3D.

I will test with the Duke and Q400 and let you know how it goes.

I'll receive the delivery next Tuesday, so it may be Wednesday or Thursday by the time I get it set up and tested.

Cheers

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Gordon, I could't link to what you bought, because the link has been deleted. But so long as the TQ is of the USB variety, then your results are eagerly anticipated.

Thanks,

Robert

Gordon, I could't link to what you bought, because the link has been deleted. But so long as the TQ is of the USB variety, then your results are eagerly anticipated.

Thanks,

Robert

msoqia.jpg

Wow, Gordon, what a find! Should definitely be USB since purchased new within the last year. I await your findings.

Wow, Gordon, what a find! Should definitely be USB since purchased new within the last year. I await your findings.

It's arrived!

Should be able to test tonight or maybe tomorrow; and I'll give you feedback regarding the turboprop detents on Q400 and Duke.

Cheers

2uj3x1d.jpg

Gordon, thanks for the update. Looks like my anticipated setup exactly, except I was going to pass on the 3-lever TQ and just make do with the basic 6-lever TQ, much as I now do with my dual Saitek TQs. Even though I understand you're not going to keep the jet TQ, please also let me know any thoughts you might have about it if you give it a try.

Thanks again.

Robert

Hi, i am new to the Aviation filed and learning the skills of this field. As i am an engineer, so i have little technical query.

Can you please share the details of the interfaces you people use to connect the external devices?

Also what are the Q400 and TQ?

Can you please share the details of the interfaces you people use to connect the external devices?
Also what are the Q400 and TQ?

USB is the interface generally used to connect external devices to a computer. Examples are mice, keyboards, and gaming controllers such as joysticks, yokes, pedals, etc. It's ubiquitous, and if you own a contemporary computer, you are using it when you plug virtually any external device, except your monitor, into the machine.

The Q400 is a complex, third-party turboprop aircraft produced by Majestic Software. If you are new to flight simulators, this aircraft is probably not right for you just yet.

TQ is short for a game controller designed to serve as a throttle quadrant. In its most basic form, it transmits commands for power, propeller pitch, and mixture.

Here is a quick video of the PFC throttle with the Q400.

The throttle quadrant was automatically recognized and installed by Windows 10, very easy to calibrate and test like any other normal game controller in Windows.

Axes and button are all assigned in FSUIPC and working perfectly.

The Q400 is a bit different as you have to tweak the detents in the Q400 control panel, but to be honest it only took about 15 minutes to get it all set up and working.

Haven't re-installed the RealAir duke yet as I just done a system reinstall for P3D v3.2/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eOKm0xgb-Q&feature=youtu.be

Gordon, thanks for your report and the video demonstration. They were very helpful. My order has just been sent. I'll let you know how things work out.

Robert

Gordon,

Did you happen to notice if the console was recognized in P3D settings before using FSUIPC for setup? I have a Cirrus yoke arriving tomorrow and held off ordering the console and TQ to confirm compatibility, no need for the turbo prop function at this time just the standard twin engine quadrant. Is FSUIPC required to get it functioning?

Nice hardware!

Gary Stewart