Sign in to follow this  
XelaDnarb

P3D Problems

Hi all!

Getting the usual problem here-somehow, somewhere I've done something and it wont work!

As I shut down from my latest flight early hours of Friday Morning, I finished up and closed P3d V3.1 and Linda 2.6.7 in the usual way, with everything functioning. This morning I restarted my dedicated FS rig up for a ferry flight (same aircraft, position, all that jazz) and low and behold, something is not right. The adjustment of any function on my MCP (Boeing), whilst changing the display on the hardware appropriately, has no affect on the sim. Linda knows it is there (at least I think), computer knows it is there (makes sounds when you turn the panel on and off), FSUIPC is registered and everything necessary is there and seems to be working. Once again, the rig wasn't touched since shutting down Friday.
It went through an update cycle thismorning (W10) but I got rid of that when I realized something had stopped working. Spent all day uninstalling and reinstalling Linda and FSUIPC, but to no avail.
Now I'm stuck and desperate for ideas. Never fully worked out Linda (always seems to give me grief but I fluke into getting it working). Fairly basic with computers as well.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Alex

Welcome to the Forum. I am sorry to hear about your problems with P3Dv3.1 and LINDA 2.6.7.  As you had had your set up working correctly there should have been no reason to attempt to reinstall FSUIPC or LINDA. That is the first rules of computing - if it was working don't change it.

The most likely cause for the MCP not communicating with P3D is that the start up sequence has been interrupted and did not complete. Normally clicking 'Restart LUA Engine' solves most problems. Can I ask you to start up P3D, LINDA and your chosen aircraft? After starting click on 'Restart LAU Engine' and then email the fsuipc4.log file (in P3D/modules/) to me at linda@awginfosys.net. I will do everything I can to get you up and working again.

What do you mean by W10?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks for the prompt reply!

I only started to reinstall linda/FSUIPC etc after nothing was happening and I had exhausted my patience.
W10=windows 10.

email on the way.

Cheers,

Alex

No idea what I did but the flightsim gods have taken mercy. All is inexplicably well and working again....
Thanks for your help in any case!