Sign in to follow this  
JNS

Scenery question-Something's got to be wrong

Well ,all, I have an image of my SSD that has only Windows 7 and a virgin install of P3Dv3 on it.  But, first, I will try HT "on" and the AM=85 and see what happens.  My current FFTF is at .01.  I will try .5 as you suggested, Richard. BTW, No, I have no plans on touching the 980Ti.  My CPU is a 3770K @ 4.4GHz..  I'm really beginning to think I may have a bad install of FTX Global.  I have turned down Scenery Complexity and Autogen with no appreciable difference.  If the HT and AM  don't help then I think I will just load the image and start over.  At this point I can't even remember what default looks like.  I did try another airport, Kansas City, but no real change.

Thanks to you all.  Any more suggestions are always welcome.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Well ,all, I have an image of my SSD that has only Windows 7 and a virgin install of P3Dv3 on it.  But, first, I will try HT "on" and the AM=85 and see what happens.  My current FFTF is at .01.  I will try .5 as you suggested, Richard. BTW, No, I have no plans on touching the 980Ti.  My CPU is a 3770K @ 4.4GHz..  I'm really beginning to think I may have a bad install of FTX Global.  I have turned down Scenery Complexity and Autogen with no appreciable difference.  If the HT and AM  don't help then I think I will just load the image and start over.  At this point I can't even remember what default looks like.  I did try another airport, Kansas City, but no real change.

Thanks to you all.  Any more suggestions are always welcome.

Jeff

Good luck my friend - just something else to mention you did run FTX Central - global should be pretty straight forward - doubt thats causing any issues - sounds like you have a good plan - bet it will be better and nice you have an image - well done let us know how you make out with the new plan  :smile:

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the help, Richard and others.  I'll be posting again tomorrow and let everyone know what's happening with my problem.

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Thanks for the help, Richard and others.  I'll be posting again tomorrow and let everyone know what's happening with my problem.

Jeff

Super - good luck

Rich Sennett

Well, Richard and everyone else, I feel pretty stupid, but relieved, right now.  I decided to check my Scenery settings one MORE time.  I've looked at these quite a few times, but must've been with tunnelvision.  My Texture Resolution was set at 10M instead of 7CM.  Don't know how or when that happened, but anyway, now everything looks beautiful.

Very sorry for wasting everyone's time on this.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

It's never a waste of time. I wouldn't feel bad, the two biggest source of "bugs" are  pilot error either with changing settings in the sim's UI or in manually editing cfg or other configuration files with a text editor. I don't how many posts I've seen where somebody was on a hopeless quest to fix a problem and then it turned out that dll.xml had a crazy typo in it. Or just look at the official MyTraffic message board. There are numerous posts about "not seeing traffic" , but that always turns out to be either a goofy typo in simobjects.cfg or something else equally silly.

I've done this kind of thing myself and I have never applied Occam's Razor to find the solution. I always end up spending time calling a horse a zebra.

Well, Richard and everyone else, I feel pretty stupid, but relieved, right now.  I decided to check my Scenery settings one MORE time.  I've looked at these quite a few times, but must've been with tunnelvision.  My Texture Resolution was set at 10M instead of 7CM.  Don't know how or when that happened, but anyway, now everything looks beautiful.

Very sorry for wasting everyone's time on this.

Thanks again,

Jeff

Awesome Jeff we have all done it and glad its sorted out - it will get a bit better after the sim settles in

Rich Sennett

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Jay.  Now I can move on to the next disaster-in-waiting.  LOL

Jeff

Jeff Smith