Sign in to follow this  
eruan99

Multipanel issues

I'm having issues with the multipanel. It's not reading the in-game parameters and the rotary knob does not do anything at all. I'm just using LINDA, no Spad, no Saitek drivers.

What aircraft are you using? What is the FSX Sync-ed aircraft and is it outlined in orange?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

It is important that you use the 777 modules functions to assign to the Multi Panel switches and rotary switch positions. This is because not all aircraft add ons conform to the standard FSUIPC4 offsets. For the switches you need to define the OnPress and OnRelease actions to the required on and off functions. The switches act as a latching button press. The landing gear position lights are derived from the FSUIPC4 values.

There are some reliability issues with the Multi Panel that I am still investigating.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I noticed that. I already changed most assignments for the switch panel, it works just fine.

For the multi panel, I just tested for the rotary knob, alt increase, and alt decrease. Both actually work now, but the problem arises if I switch to HDG or IAS for example, the rotary knob would still only increase or decrease the altitude. The multipanel still does not display the correct altitude numbers or IAS, HDG.

So for the mode selector, I currently have for HDG:

On Press: PMDG AP HDG Show

For Rotary knob:

On Press: PMDG AP Alt Inc

As I mentioned, unless the aircraft conforms to the FSX autopilot operation, it is very unlikely that the Multi Panel will work with the 777 autopilot. PMDG and other developers don't always follow the FSX model and especially with avionics implement their own bespoke operation. I don't have the PDMG 777 myself so I am unable to give you specific guidance. The LINDA code for the Saitek panels is visible in the common.lua, handler-hid.lua and lib-saitek.lua code. It is complicated and was written in a weekend but some far more clever than I. I am still attempt to understand it myself.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK