I had to share this because my wife can't appreciate my enthusiasm over my new Thrustmaster (even the name didn't do anything for her! :rolleyes: ) Warthog.

Like so much in flight simming, peer pressure made me spring for the T-W, I was more than happy with my trusty CH Fighter stick. However when this lump of kit was unboxed (anyone wonder why all these 'unboxing' videos on Youtube?) it was love at first sight.

Two days on I'm still in awe of it. Like the man said, 'It's so heavy you can kill someone with it' :blink:

Flying with it is a revelation. At first it felt very heavy in the spring department, but after an hour or so I came to the conclusion that the CH stick was like stirring custard...thin custard!

The Warthog is so smooth and precise it has reignited the flight sim flame, :wub:  which was beginning to splutter a tad. :lazy:

OK, it was expensive, £300 and I'd seen a few scarey videos about 'stiction' but hey, it's only money.

It's a toss up between my Crosswind pedals (#1034) and the Wartmeister(43289) as to best buy. Too close to call.

That's it, thanks for indulging me.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Glad you like it.  I have had mine for a year and love it.  Get yourself a nice extension and you will love it even more.  I have it center mounted with a nice 12.5 cm extension and it is great for both fixed and helicopters

It's more than 'like'. :smile:

I looked at extensions but they didn't apply to my setup. Mine sits right where a real stick would be, between my legs and at the right height.

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

As long as it is the right height for you, that is what matters and I agree it is much more than "like".  I have been very impressed :smile: .

I removed the bottom plate and mounted mine on a pedestal and made it such that it would be at the right height/location with the extension. 

Going on 3 years with mine. Actually feels smoother now than ever.

It's more than 'like'. :smile:

I looked at extensions but they didn't apply to my setup. Mine sits right where a real stick would be, between my legs and at the right height.

Congrats on getting a Thrustmaster Warthog Ron. I would love the resistance the throttle offers and the precision of the stick.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Aged thread, I see.

Blimey! Is two days considered 'aged' now? :blink:

Blimey! Is two days considered 'aged' now? :blink:

Yeesh!  I looked at the date/time stamps and somehow convinced myself I was six months ahead of where I was.  Reminds of the time back in my corporate days when I was in the office at 11 p.m. trying to send a fax, had to write a date on the cover sheet and suddenly realized I was completely blank - couldn't locate myself within six months on either side.

Note to self - stop posting in the wee hours.

And take deep breaths.

Thanks for re-connecting me to the present - most appreciated...  :blush:

:LMAO:

Oddly, my earlier post (about the good performance I get out of the 7.5 cm Sahaj extension paired with the now-discontinued Joy-Loc bracket) seems to have disappeared.  Those points still seem valid, in spite of my dislocation in space and time.  Am wondering what happened - overzealous moderation?  Or am I having yet another in a series of moments of cognitive dissonance? Inquiring minds (well, mine, anyway) want to know.

That Joylock is exactly what I've made for myself but not in such exotic materials. I wish I'd seen that earlier, would have saved a lot of hacksawing and drilling!

...would have saved a lot of hacksawing and drilling!

Or maybe not - the JoyLocs are long out of production and almost impossible to find, even on ebay - occasionally a user will post a set for sale on one of the forums or another, but even that's a pretty rare event.  As far as I can tell, do-it-yourself is the only practical option now.  Too bad - they were well engineered and really well made (mine are still going strong at five years plus).  Production costs probably did them in - quality will kill you every time...