Sign in to follow this  
rservice

Slow performance on new desktop PC

I've just purchased a new desktop model Dell XPS Gaming PC (Intel Core I7-6700K/2TB HDD/24GBNvidia GTX 750 Windows 10

I was using an Asus G55V note book and it is faster than the new one although I use game booster.

I currently have only loaded the basic FSX on the new machine. Are there any mods I should make on FSX software to make it faster?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Ron

Ron Service

By "basic FSX" which version of FSX do you mean?  Original, SP1, SP2, Acceleration, Gold, or Steam?

As for tweaks and mods, with modern computers the tweak with any real benefit is likely the himem=1 tweak, but that is unnecessary for the Steam version of FSX.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hey Ron,

What is slow Performance ? - and How much Ram on Your Video card ? - Make sure All Your Drivers are up to date - are You running dx10 ?

I peer with a Jaundice eye upon Windows 10 - I had to De Update back to win7 - but that was an update - not a fresh install !

Johnman  B) 

Hey ron,

OK Guy's - We're talking FSX here ! - try this post

http://www.avsim.com/topic/297361-bojotes-tweak-compilation/

Johnman  B)   

I've just purchased a new desktop model Dell XPS Gaming PC (Intel Core I7-6700K/2TB HDD/24GBNvidia GTX 750 Windows 10

I was using an Asus G55V note book and it is faster than the new one although I use game booster.

I currently have only loaded the basic FSX on the new machine. Are there any mods I should make on FSX software to make it faster?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards

Ron

Are you sure the settings are the same? Are your sliders the same? Is your resolution the same? Are your anti-aliasing settings the same? Is anisotropic filtering the same? There may well be a variable you've missed that accounts for the difference.

Hey Ron,

Lookathis ?

In the Spirit of My Own Advice. I Downloaded FSX Booster, and P3d Booster, I must Admit, I'm Impressed!, I have for Years used Bjotes tuneup, Quite Successful. I Thought!. Fsx : Fps, Almost Double, Across the Board. P3DV1.4 : Significant noticeable (20%-30%)Across the Board. I am Seeing a Sustained 40fps+ in Both Sim's for the First time "EVER". Sliders Mostly Way Right!. Almost like 2 New Sims ??

Johnman

In the Spirit of My Own Advice. I Downloaded FSX Booster, and P3d Booster, I must Admit, I'm Impressed!, I have for Years used Bjotes tuneup, Quite Successful. I Thought!. Fsx : Fps, Almost Double, Across the Board. P3DV1.4 : Significant noticeable (20%-30%)Across the Board. I am Seeing a Sustained 40fps+ in Both Sim's for the First time "EVER". Sliders Mostly Way Right!. Almost like 2 New Sims ??

Johnman

Interesting. But there is no free lunch. I wonder what the compromises are if any?

Interesting. But there is no free lunch. I wonder what the compromises are if any?

You are Probably Right,But so far it has just been a kick in the butt, that I am Enjoying. Being a bit more analytical, I am running :

An AMD Phenom II 850 X 4 3.3ghz

8gb Ram

1tb sata drive

Nvidia gt730 Video Card 2gb

Win7 64bit

FSX/P3Dv1.4/FSX SE

Ground Environment X

As You can see, Not a Very Sophisticated Rig, So to Run "The Old Girl" up over 40 fps in Fsx has Me Grinning from Eartoear - Think I'll head over to their Web site and Write a Review !!

Johnman B)

Edited by johnman