Sign in to follow this  
kristolz

CIVAC.gau CTD P3D v3.1.2.15831 Concorde X 1.31

Greetings from Norway!

Before anyone shoots me down with friendly fire: I´ve posted this issue at the FS-labs developers forum, but figured I´ll try here as well! (Tried registering at the INS-developer forum, but the forum requires administrator approval, which I´m yet to receive.)  

I took the plunge last week, and bought the FSLabs Concorde X.

I've spent a lot of hours at the gate, fiddling with the INS, completing all the steps in the tutorial, and yesterday I was ready to give it a go down the runway at Heathrow, as pr. the tutorial. However, the flight was cut frightenly short, and I never even made the first turn.. P3D froze, and after a few seconds dissapeard without a trace. In the event viewer i found this:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.1.2.15831, time stamp: 0x5672b60a
Faulting module name: CIVAC.gau, version: 1.51.0.0, time stamp: 0x47017511
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00001990
Faulting process id: 0x1568
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1732123aa13f3
Faulting application path: E:\Prepar3D\Client\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Prepar3D\Client\civa\CIVAC.gau
Report Id: 4eacfb3e-2b51-46a1-8f2a-ebaddd78b3f6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This is the first time, in a very long time, a CTD has presented itself in P3D. I've spent the last few hours trying to figure out what might cause the CIVA.gau to crash. ( And yes - I know the CIVA.gau is the core of the 3rd party INS-system.)

What I've tried so far:

1. Re-download and re-install the INS-software.

2. Run P3D as administrator.

3. To make sure, I also granted my username access to all the P3D-program files etc.

4. Disable Panel Stretcing in p3d.cfg

5. Start the sim in Windowed mode.

6. Re-install as administrator

7. Vanilla p3d.cfg

8. No add on scenery. 

9. Increased the Desktop Heap Limitation, as pr. the AVSIM CTD-guide.

10. Checked for driver updates.

11. Disabled overclock.  

The problem arises a few minutes after departure, after applying roll to either left or right. I've made a saved scenario at the beginning of the RW, and have tried loading "ready for takeoff" panel state, to see if it makes any difference, but it don't.

I'm a rookie to the INS-simulation, and litterally have no clue what to try next:(

My specs:

HW: 

i7 3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5ghz @ 4.9 Custom Water Loop.

2x EVGA GTX 980 Classified SLi

16gb 2400mhz Kingston Memory

4x 256 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSDs

1x Dell 3440x1440 display.

1x Dell 2560x1440 display.

SW:

P3D 3.1 

Windows 10

Nvidia 361.91 driver.

Have any of you experienced a similar issue, and how did you go about resolving it?

Best regards,

Kristoffer

The cause of the crash is the Concorde and you will have to go to the developer of the product and get support or post your problem in the P3D Forum.   To help you, I will move this topic over to the P3D Forum as you know exactly what is causing your crashes.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim!

To quote myself :

I´ve posted this issue at the FS-labs developers forum, but figured I´ll try here as well!

Hopefully I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, but so far it seems I am..

Does it use simconnect? if so does it use a legacy simconnect? if so have you installed the three fsx simconnect versions? if it uses esp simmconnect reinstall the .msi for esp to be sure that's OK.

Is it confused by folder location? Have you tried installing P3D into stock program files location?

All that granting access rights and admin isn't necessary. All that needs to be done is to add the Modify permission to the Users group, on any folder you make to install software programs into. If we install P3D to the stock location we should always add Modify to the Users group there since some addons need write access.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi Steve!

I don't know if the gauge uses SimConnect, but I'm sure the Concorde does. I've installed all versions in the redist folder, but it didn't make a difference.

Haven't tried installing it in the stock location yet, but could try that:) The CIVA-INS-installer does not read the P3D-installation from the registry it seems, as it asks you to point it "in the right direction" at install, but who knows...?

All that granting access rights and admin isn't necessary. All that needs to be done is to add the Modify permission to the Users group, on any folder you make to install software programs into. If we install P3D to the stock location we should always add Modify to the Users group there since some addons need write access.

I figured as much, and tried that too, to no avail. Next on my list is rolling back to Windows 7.. :fool:

are there any sections added to the dll.xml? is that all OK?

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Sitrep: Reinstalled Windows 7, and all is well - with the same P3D configuration, folder structure, .cfg etc as before. Not sure what caused it, but now I¨m supersonic - with INS :D 

The cause of the crash is the Concorde and you will have to go to the developer of the product and get support or post your problem in the P3D Forum.   To help you, I will move this topic over to the P3D Forum as you know exactly what is causing your crashes.

Best regards,

Dear Jim,

the cause of the crash is the CIVA gauge - the Concorde uses the CIVA gauge, but we can't tell what would cause the CIVA gauge to crash in that particular instance. Let's be careful not to lay blame on the Concorde itself too quickly ;).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Dear Jim,

the cause of the crash is the CIVA gauge - the Concorde uses the CIVA gauge, but we can't tell what would cause the CIVA gauge to crash in that particular instance. Let's be careful not to lay blame on the Concorde itself too quickly ;).

Hi Lefteris,

Apologize for that but isn't the CIVA gauge part of the Concorde?  In any case, the individual indicated the crashes were appearing only when he was using the Concorde.  In our CTD Forum, it is very difficult for us to troubleshoot a crash when we know it has something to do with a third-party product such as the Concorde.  Same goes with any PMDG or FSDT or an Aerosoft product.  If the crash is associated with PMDG, we recommend the individual contact PMDG or we'll move it to the appropriate forum (FSX or P3D), depending on the sim in use, in hopes the problem will get more attention and thus a faster resolution.  In the CTD Forum, we are mainly dealing with the ntdll.dll, api.dll, stackhashes, ai_player.dll, etc., type crashes.  I would have done the same for a PMDG or Aerosoft product if the member indicated it only happens with one of those products and the error indicates too that a module belonging to PMDG or Aerosoft caused the crash.  I suppose I could have stated he would get a faster resolution in the P3D Forum and for that I apologize.  Not meaning to demean your product or others in any way. 

Thank you for your many contributions to the community over the years!  It is greatly appreciated.  You are one of the best!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim-

I appreciate your reply.

The CIVA gauge is a 3rd party product. We do use it, but so does CaptainSim's 707 and other products. Indeed, it's possible there was something interfering there, but I highly doubt it was the Concorde, as this was a single instance and no other such reports have been made about it in our forum or elsewhere (CIVA gauge crashing in the Concorde).

In any case, it was well that it was moved to this forum anyway, as you're right it was not quite belonging in the CTD forum.

As for my contributions over the years... I think you're exaggerating, to be honest. Just a simmer, like all of you! :).

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Gents - I see now that I left one of the parts, and reason why I posted in the CTD forum, out of my original post: the CIVAC.gau wasn't alone in causing a CTD, it was a combination of ntdll.dll crash and CIVAC.gau crash. First crash CIVAC.gau, second ntdll.dll crash, and back to the .gau again - pretty strange. That's why I went digging for answers in the Avsim CTD guide, and the forum.

As stated above, a clean install of Windows 7 Professional solved it, without having to change anything in my previous P3D install (other than reinstalling it, and replace all the config files, scenery etc. with the ones from my Win10-backup), which leaves me to believe this is a Windows 10 related issue, that could have any number of potential origins, like drivers etc.

The Concorde is awesome Lefteris - it's my new favorite:) (was previously the lago MD-80, but unfortunately it does not work in P3D) love your work!

Best regards,

Kristoffer.