Sign in to follow this  
LMF5000

Wanted: developers to create FSX aircraft (panels/avionics & systems simulation) for my company

Any solution like the OP proposes would also require the approval of the regulatory agencies of the country where the training is being provided - either the FAA or EASA.

Yeah, probably the most important sentence in this whole discussion.

Yeah, probably the most important sentence in this whole discussion.

I assumed they knew certification was a requirement.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Any solution like the OP proposes would also require the approval of the regulatory agencies of the country where the training is being provided - either the FAA or EASA.

Indeed. Our existing B1/T1 and B2/T2 courses are already EASA and GCAA approved with the paper-based notes. Synthetic training devices like this are covered under Part 147.A.115(a).

This modern era of computers , applications and trends is leaving the authorities in a state of confusion ,

the bureaucrats are floundering in the dust wake , well and truely left behind by the rapid progress that is

being made.

Previously regulatory changes followed deaths and public outrage , but circumstances have changed , the

computer age is not directly resulting in deaths , so there is no pressure on the authorities to adapt , so they

drag the chain and wait until the progress becomes clearer , adaptation is passed to committees  or sub committees ,

there it is lost in an Alice in wonderland hall of mirrors.

Already simulations and apps are being used in education , industry , the military and in civil aviation.

Take a deep breath and have a long hard analytic look at the fundamental rationale behind LM's

Prepar3d , it's training through simulation and using simulation as a part of education in both the military

and civil aviation , (note the absence of certification).

So when will the certification for all this simulation finally eventuate , it's anyone's guess , just don't hold your breath waiting for it !

We have all seen that regulation and legislation for hacking , fraud and other nasty aspects of our

electronic age have been left behind , the authorities don't know how to cope with the rapidly

evolving situations , the same applies to the aviation simulation aspects.

Cheers

Karol

(note the absence of certification).

Uh... all Prepar3D based training platforms I'm involved with get certified. Prepar3D by itself has no need for certification as it provides nothing but a 'sandbox'.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Karol, those are precise and correct statements about the regulatory morass that seemingly creeps into every endevour.
Reminds of a statement by Newt Gingrich overheard on a recent car trip radio.

The paraphrase was, "it takes up to 4 seconds to withdraw money at an ATM from any spot on the planet,
while it can take up to as many years in the US for the VA to grant treatment to a US Armed Forces Veteran.

To say we are drowning in a sea of regulations and regulators, is no longer much of an exageration. :fool:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

The main thing is the speed and breadth that computer applications are evolving at , it's awesome.

Today you can't pick up a maths text book without it having a computer disc inside the back cover.

I lost my Nikon camera manual , downloaded it in PDF form , then viewed several "How To" videos on You Tube.

A couple of years ago there were discussions of pilots doing their training solely on simulators , not sure how that

would translate to regulations and possible subsequent litigation.

Personally I wouldn't want to fly with a pilot who hasn't faced the real life demons , I have seen hundreds of Log books that 

terminate at or about 10 hours , some of those would have discontinued due to fear of what "might" happen , as pilots we

have to get past that element and continue with the job at hand regardless of any emotions .

The bureaucratic legislative process does not lend itself to rapidly evolving circumstances , some of which really does

amount to crystal ball gazing , thirty years ago who could of imagined the electronic world that we now live in ,

I wouldn't want to even try to predict what the next thirty years might hold for us .

Ron , what you said is sad but true .

Cheers

Karol

So if Gulfstream have the Hounds waiting for someone to make or create an aircraft why is it you can buy pre made 3d models at any premium online model shop?, and the one i looked at was a Gmax model with complete animations.USD $50.00

tpewpb-6.png

Today you can't pick up a maths text book without it having a computer disc inside the back cover.

"Computer disk". What is this, the late 90s? :Tounge:

A couple of years ago there were discussions of pilots doing their training solely on simulators , not sure how that

would translate to regulations and possible subsequent litigation.

Personally I wouldn't want to fly with a pilot who hasn't faced the real life demons , I have seen hundreds of Log books that 

terminate at or about 10 hours , some of those would have discontinued due to fear of what "might" happen , as pilots we

have to get past that element and continue with the job at hand regardless of any emotions .

It's impossible to train a pilot solely in a simulator because they never learn to distrust their "seat of the pants" feeling that way and avoiid those deadly spatial disorientation accidents.

Imagine all those PMDG-armchair pilots waiting in line for a gig at a 737NG operator... :Straight Face:

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

It's impossible to train a pilot solely in a simulator because they never learn to distrust their "seat of the pants" feeling that way and avoiid those deadly spatial disorientation accidents.

Not true, FAA absolutely allows some pilot training solely through simulation, for example you can get a 737 rating never sitting in the real 737. No, they aren't desktop simulators, these are so called Level D simulators.

Not true, FAA absolutely allows some pilot training solely through simulation, for example you can get a 737 rating never sitting in the real 737. No, they aren't desktop simulators, these are so called Level D simulators.

You might get a rating but that probably won't get you a job unless you had a fair few hundred hours elsewhere.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I was talking about ab initio training, not mere type ratings. Any pilot getting a new type rating has had at least a few hundred hours of real flying experience (PPL, PPL-IR, CPL, ATPL, etc...) before.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Nope... one can go to a flight training school with zero flight time and become fully trained, rated and hired. However, they do get your PPL-ME in a real aircraft because you have to be a licensed pilot to go further.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Actually, the warnings about lawyers and any legal wranglings are none of our business.  This would be the OP's domain.

This question has been answered as it relates to FSX, P3D, Xplane, or any other simulator that we can name. 

The OP has been contacted by one of our vendors and has responded to him.

Please temper your comments and replies accordingly.

• Upvote 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Actually, the warnings about lawyers and any legal wranglings are none of our business.  This would be the OP's domain.

Thanks - I was trying to convey the same message in my previous post. The legal/regulatory side is our responsibility - we're just posting here to reach a wider audience of developers who could help with the actual implementation.