Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Why does Ezdok for P3d V3 disapear after the first install?

Hello I have been struggling for weeks trying to get Ezdok for P3D v3 to install. I have also tried the new all in one install:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/483976-ezdok-new-version/

It worked fine for one session of P3D v3. I could see the add-on in the menu of P3D V3? But on the relaunch of p3d  it disapears again.

I have removed all UCA and turned off the ESET firewall and realtime scanning. As well as the windows firewall.

I have even got a microsoft tech, to remotly check the permissions are correct for the installation needed.

Is this right?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_btstrp_config_manager</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp_config_manager.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
    <Path>Z:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

It is almost working.  I notice when it does work it is present in the task bar....very strange.

Check your ESET Quarantine and make sure the EZdok exe and dlls have not been gobbled up, it happened to me, seems a virus definition update made it eat them for me even after i put exceptions in the ESET AV 2 times.

tpewpb-6.png

Check your ESET Quarantine and make sure the EZdok exe and dlls have not been gobbled up, it happened to me, seems a virus definition update made it eat them for me even after i put exceptions in the ESET AV 2 times.

I have a feeling it is something like that.  I will check again. Thanks

EZDOK must go into the default path.

C:\program files(x86)\Ezca to  work properly.not sure if that Z is a mistype.

steve

Hello Julian,

Change this

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

To this,  Try that  

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

EZDOK must go into the default path.

C:\program files(x86)\Ezca to  work properly.not sure if that Z is a mistype.

steve

It is not a mistype. Z is in fact my main drive.

This is now obviously the problem.  I under estimated how ESET effects Ezdok. Not just on installation but when it is actully installed. I did try the exclude quarantine. And exclude the EZCA programs, however it looks like you have to totally disable the firewall, when launching P3D. I am not sure is this is a good idea or not. As long as I don't go looking for trouble on the web, IE get a virus.

At least I have found the problem.

Thanks

This is now obviously the problem.  I under estimated how ESET effects Ezdok. Not just on installation but when it is actully installed. I did try the exclude quarantine. And exclude the EZCA programs, however it looks like you have to totally disable the firewall, when launching P3D. I am not sure is this is a good idea or not. As long as I don't go looking for trouble on the web, IE get a virus.

At least I have found the problem.

Thanks

Julian you do not need to disable ESET, all i did was delete the exclusions and remake new ones after i installed it again, check mine and make sure you have the same... disregard the other entries.

ScreenShot03-06-16at11.53AM.jpg

tpewpb-6.png

Julian you do not need to disable ESET, all i did was delete the exclusions and remake new ones after i installed it again, check mine and make sure you have the same... disregard the other entries.

ScreenShot03-06-16at11.53AM.jpg

Got it thank you.  Works perfectly now. Without disabling.

I owe you a beer.

Julian

• Upvote 1