Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Cabin pressure failure after loading a saved flight - Piaggio Avanti

The Avanti I'm using is the lovely freeware Avanti by Mario Noriega. I was undertaking a flight from Keflavik, Iceland over to Blackpool (UK). I'd got to cruising altitude, navigated over a few intersections then saved the flight. Upon reloading, the aeroplane was flying normally, but the autopilot altitude setting was at zero, and the cabin pressure had failed.

At first I thought this may be something to do with having my default FSX flight as cold & dark. I overwrote that with a fully powered up plane and made that the default flight. I tried re-loading my saved flight  and it still had cabin pressure failure.

I've reloaded a 777 flight and that was fine. Though I doubt the POSKY 777 has a cabin pressurisation model built into it.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Saving a flight doesn't always save every little detail.  Coming back to a flight I have saved usually means I'm about

ready to overspeed, my GPS range has reset to the minimum, and my locked spot view has to be restored.

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Odds are such that things like autopilot and pressurization settings for that plane don't use standard FSX variables, so there is no info about them in the saved flights.

I don't think you did anything wrong, nor do I believe you have a problem.

One tip would be to pause the sim before saving the flight.

When you reload the flight turn the sim rate down to 1/4 speed until you get everything reconfigured.

Kind of a pain yet it beats starting the flight over.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks guys. Joe, In the first instance I did pause the flight before saving it. However, I did not slow the sim down upon reloading. I don't think that slowing the sim down would make any difference: The cabin pressure master warning was already illuminated when the flight reloaded. The combined cabin alt/baro pressure instrument had its fault light illuminated, the oxygen bottle pressure gauge was showing as being used, there was a red WARN on the multi-function indicator (monitors generator amps, bus volts & battery temp); the battery temp was showing as minus 60-odd degrees F....! The battery temp can be used to monitor cabin temp in normal flight..... so a big hole must have opened up in the cabin, not good at 40000 feet.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The reason for slowing down the sim is solely to give you a chance to reconfigure before everything goes south.

It won't change any of the settings, just give you a buffer to fix them before you crash.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks, Joe,

However, everything had already gone south; I reloaded the flight and was ready to jump to 1/4 speed - the pressurisation fault was already present.

I have since flown the trip in its entirety - I just time-accelerated the crap out of it :)

Kind Regards,

Mark.

Mark Robinson