Sign in to follow this  
JLSeagull

Ntdll.dll and EZdok problem?

Just a 'heads up' to anyone similarly affected;

After having had a couple of unexplained ntdll.dll crashes in the past week I have been scratching my head as to what has changed with my Rig. 

Matt Davies - Belynz - has just posted on his fb page that he (and several others) have been experiencing the same crashes after installing the 'new' version of EZdok.

Quote from Matt:

"A bunch of you are asking for help regarding the ntdll.dll crash that's been happening to a lot of you recently...

I've finally figured out what's causing my crash - EZDok. Something updated the ntdll.dll (perhaps a Windows update) and now when EZDok tries to call it, it crashes and takes Prepar3D/FSX with it.

I've tried to use a different DLL but with the new DLL EZDok wont launch and my Windows 10 corrupts then restores back to an earlier time.

So with that, sadly I've no idea how to fix it however I will keep trying.

If anyone here is technically minded and could potentially figure it out then please let me know as the EZDok developer takes far too long to address problems unfortunately."

I updated my EZdok installation last week and it would now seem that there is a slight problem with it.

Hey Ho!!

In Matt Davies' most recent YouTube videos, he said he has rolled back P3D from v3.1 to v3 and this appears to have resolved the problem (having completed a long distance flight in the PMDG 777). This is the video where he says that:

I was also having problems with EZDOK and ntdll.dll access violations using P3D 3.1, mostly just causing EZDOK to fail to load on P3D start up, or sometimes getting continuous access violations boxes like this:

http://prntscr.com/acb7j7

I reviewed Poppet's excellent EZDOK install tutorial here:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/484546-how-do-i-install-ezdok-camera-prepar3d-v3/

And took up her suggestion to ensure config.exe and EZCA.exe were set to run in Admin, also running P3D in admin as well, and since then have had no problems.

I hesitate to say problem solved, as I've had enough fixes over the years to know that in Flight-Sim land, sometimes things fix themselves for all sorts of reasons, but all is good for the moment.

Eugene

Glad you were able to fix your problem using Elaine's excellent guide. 

@OP:  I think EZDOK was just updated to be compatible with 3.1.  It was not in the past and anyone who installed this product using the EMT or manually will most likely encounter problems.  Going back to an earlier version of P3D is not an option.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Mark Niebauer said:

Im CTD thru any long flight. I tried these suggestions and it still is crashing!

If you want help Mark, you will need to send us more details (see page 7, AVSIM CTD Guide for downloading the AppCrashView program and checking our your Event Viewer).  Long flights are almost impossible to complete today with all of the eye-candy add-ons available to P3D. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10