Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Looking at a new add-on purchase

I'm looking at purchasing my first fsx add-on, I had many in fs9 but after a long break I came back but to fsx...

So I figure I'd ask, if you had to pick one and only one of your add-ons that you could keep what wouldn't you be able to part with, scenery, aircraft etc etc.....I know there are probably many that you couldn't go without, But just pick ONE :-)

Thanks

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Thanks for replying :-)

I'm hopeing to youse this post to "investigate" add-ons and perhaps help me make a decision.

Going to YouTube the 777 right now

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I think you need to ask yourself:  "Am I an airliner or GA aircraft person"

Based on your signature picture, maybe airliners are your thing..

In that case: PMDG.

If you wanted to fly GA aircraft, I would suggest something different:

-  Orbx scenery regions

-  RealAir or a2a aircraft

-  Flight1 Garmin GTN avionics

Bert

The most important over all for an inmersive experience for me is Ezdok no doubt.

• Upvote 1

The most important over all for an inmersive experience for me is Ezdok no doubt.

Really? Ezdok, never even considered that, going to look into it right now...thanks

I think you need to ask yourself:  "Am I an airliner or GA aircraft person"

Based on your signature picture, maybe airliners are your thing..

In that case: PMDG.

If you wanted to fly GA aircraft, I would suggest something different:

-  Orbx scenery regions

-  RealAir or a2a aircraft

-  Flight1 Garmin GTN avionics

I'll fly anything, when I fly GA I'm on fseconomy...

But if I had to chose GA or airliners, definelty more an airline guy

PMDG 737NG

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

One really needs a good weather engine to fly a higher end addon aircraft.

That being the case, I'd recommend Active Sky Next and either the PMDG 737 NGX (gives one a wider range of flights / airports than the 777),  If money is an issue, I'd then recommend Active Sky Next and the Aerosoft Airbus (which is half the cost of the PMDG 737 NGX).

Best wishes for happy flights!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

majestic q400

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

+1 for the Q400!

But you could run with almost all the other suggestions (and many many more that haven't even been put forward!) and not go wrong - just shows how spoiled for choice we are now with FSX add ons!

Bill

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions,

I'm gonna take a look at thes mentioned,

I really like the dash 8 in general so I may take a close look at the majestic,

I can also get a 737 at a discounted price as I purchased it for fs9 and get a discount for the fsx version...and I agree about the weather program, flying isn't flying without good weather(or bad)

I guess I'm looking at one but the few that I think I "need" to make fsx a good flying experience is:

-A high quality aircraft

-A weather engine

-new ground textures(GEX perhaps) as I don't enjoy the default ones at all!!

Thanks

I'd say PMDG NGX. Personally I think it's more fun than 777 because you can fly to many interesting airports with a 737. For example Innsbruck, Kathmandu, Paro, and Corfu, etc. You simply can't fly a 777 into some of these airports.