Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

New Zealand North Island - Volcano Tour

New Zealand North Island

This flight starts at Paraparaumu (NZPP) and proceeds north 45nm to Palmerston North (NZPM), then turns west 35nm to coastal town of Wanganui (NZWU).  Continuing 50nm west stopping at Stratford (NZSD) before flying over Mount Taranaki .  Reaching the coast at waypoint BEGUM the route turns northeast where we land at New Plymouth (NZNP).  Heading inland, we proceed 51nm to Taumarunui (NZTM).  The last leg will take us over the Tongariro National Park (which contains 3 volcanic mountains) to our final landing at Waiouru (NZRU)

The route is 273nm and a relatively fast (200 knts cruise) GA plane is recommended. The RealAir Legacy or Duke would be good choices but as always you are free to fly what you like.

NZNI1.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx FTX New Zealand North Island

New Plymouth Airport (Freeware)

Date and time: Saturday 5th March 2016, 1900 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron: Pleased set MP Server Time to15:40 local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

This'll be nice. :smile: 15:40 local, aye aye. Lancair is good for me too.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Oh, good!  I get to fly my Malibu Jetprop!  Just haven't convinced myself to get that Lancair, but maybe soon.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

I looked for a ready made Kiwi paint for the Legacy but no luck. It seems as thought there are only three Lancairs in NZ and one of those is a IV-P. So I had to do one myself. :rolleyes:

This one is actually a 360 so there's a couple of very small differences. But close enough for jazz. :smile:

mhs1.jpg

On my MediaFire

now. I'll bung it on AVSIM soon

That was a crazy ending for me today. Sorry bout that.  Really strange when the airport just went away like that.  Never had anything like that happen before.  Started switching to external views and back, which would bring the airport back, but only for a second or so, then it would disappear again. Presented quite a challenge.  Didn't seem to affect the airport we originated from today.  When I flew the circuit yesterday it was with default scenery.  This is what I was seeing today and believing was the NZ north Island scenery

NZ_01-L.jpg

Found the FTX Central application and got it corrected. Huge difference. And the airport does not disappear when under 1,000 ft altitude.  Now I like the scenery. Quite scenic area that New Zeland.

Look forward to doing more of these. Must wait until after mid-March. Weekends are tied up leading to my dad's 90th birthday.

Frank P

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Holey, moley.  I can see why you guys like that RealAir Legacy.  Downloaded it this evening, took about an hour to read through the important parts of the manual (was eating dinner as I ate), then took a short flight from Monterey to Half Moon Bay.  Man, that thing is sweet.  The sounds and other nice effects really add to the immersion.  And the visibility you have with the bubble canopy is amazing.  Good choice--ranks right up there with the A2A birds, imo.

Stew

Stew,

I did not download it yet, but I did find and DL the guide.  Yes. Holy, moley!  And what a guide. Most comprehensive I have seen yet to date.  Looks like it is an airborne Ferrari.  No wonder the rest of them were buzzing around like bumble bees!  Also found out about Orbx scenery yesterday.  That is when I got the regional setting right.  Before correcting the setting I was wondering what was so great about it.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Stew,

I did not download it yet, but I did find and DL the guide.  Yes. Holy, moley!  And what a guide. Most comprehensive I have seen yet to date.  Looks like it is an airborne Ferrari.  No wonder the rest of them were buzzing around like bumble bees!  Also found out about Orbx scenery yesterday.  That is when I got the regional setting right.  Before correcting the setting I was wondering what was so great about it.

Hi, Frank.  You might take a look at one of A2A's manuals for any of their aircraft.  You will be suitably impressed, I reckon!  Here.

Let there be light. :smile:

Yep!  "Fiat Lux", the motto of the University of California, my alma mater.

Stew

tu, puero. adtendite. Motto of my old school. Rainsford Secondary Modern. :smile:

Actually we had two mottoes, the other one was 'Ford Mondeo de luxe'

A not very good shot of Saturday's formation attempt. At one point, for quite a long time there were four of us in a half handy group. Nice and tight, comprising Jeff(lead) Josh, Gunter and myself. The miles just whipped by!

nzform.jpg

Ron. What GPS is that in your panel?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

The one that comes with it. A 530 I think. Or maybe a 500.

Kinda looked like a GTN bezel on the left and a GNS on the right.

Frank Patton
ASUS