Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Text (not voice) possible?

I downloaded V1 ages ago, but never got around to trying it out. Now that V2 is almost out, I am more interested.

I was wondering if you can set the pilot->ATC communications to text only? I am not that confident that I can do the voice commands. But of course I still want the ATC to talk back to me.

All the other features (moving map, flight planner, etc) look very impressive and might be worth it just for those features.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

There is a feature called "SayIt" that you can use instead of speaking or just to find the correct phrases to say.  It is very new and not perfect yet, but it handles 90+ percent of all situations.  Most importantly, it handles all those difficult readbacks with just the click of a button, hotkey or mouse.

Sorry to but in here.

My pal who is deaf is wondering if you can provide a little more detail about using the non speech alternative.He can manage very well with Radar Contact as it has amessage box etc and he was hoping that Pilot2ATC will provide a more up to date ATC experience for him.

Here's a link to a video that shows the SayIt function in action at time mark 6:05.

When it is mature, the goal is to have 100% speech free capability.  There are a few bugs and possible missing phrases at the moment.  Your friend may want to wait until the product is out of Beta, and maybe even a little longer to ensure the kinks are worked out of this new feature.  All of the difficult phrases and required readbacks are covered pretty well right now, but waiting might be the best option.

Thanks,

Dave

The SayIt function looks perfect!!  Apart from the actual speech part, it also teaches you the correct readback - one of the things I would like to learn - and this seems a brilliant way to learn.

Am keenly looking forward to the actual release.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that.

I am minded to purchase when version 2 is for sale(I am having a small medical procedure soon).My pal can then use my copy to gain experience from it prior to his purchase.

Thanks

The Sayit function is a great addition to this program!

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb