Sign in to follow this  
falopz

PMDG ngx or 777 to xplane

Hi does someone has any idea if theese airplanes will, be soon in xplane....

Thanks

Luis

Dont remember seeing anything mentioned about them ever going to xplane except dc6.  but who knows...

Dont remember seeing anything mentioned about them ever going to xplane except dc6.  but who knows...

They will be developing for x-plane. The DC-6 was just a testbed for x-plane.

NAX669.png

Ive had to format pc reinstal prepar 3d and really feels not fly as good as xplane...dont want to spend all that pmdg money intro prepar....

ill wait.

thanks  alot guys

I don't understand what is taking so long. They talked about the DC6 coming soon back in March 2015. (That was a year ago) McDonell Douglas can build the real plane in less than 6 months

Frank Zych

I don't understand what is taking so long. They talked about the DC6 coming soon back in March 2015. (That was a year ago) McDonell Douglas can build the real plane in less than 6 months

yeah well they did that with a factory full of hundreds of people and sold them for millions of dollars a piece.

if you want to throw 12 million at pmdg maybe they will let you beta test it :)

cheers

-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

This isn't like building the plane on the manufacturing line with all the plans laid out in front of you. This is like starting at step 1 and having to design the entire thing from scratch.

It's never been confirmed that the 777/NGX/744v2 are going to be developed for X-Plane. They're making the DC6 as a testbed for possible future development.

Do you have a link to where that was written by PMDG? Or, is it just speculation?

This was from about a year ago.

Gents-

We should have a more detailed update for the Xplane side of the house shortly... We had an announcement brewing for mid September- but some details have us sitting on it for the moment.

I can tell you that the long term plan is that you will see the NGX, 777 and 747v2.0 in Xplane... That is where we are ultimately headed....

Robert S. Randazzo

Precision Manuals Development Group

http://www.avsim.com/topic/451365-xplane-development-status-thread-updated-12sep14/page-3

NAX669.png

Ive had to format pc reinstal prepar 3d and really feels not fly as good as xplane...dont want to spend all that pmdg money intro prepar....

ill wait.

thanks  alot guys

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

FlightMan49 - MD could build real aircraft in 6 months, once the system was established. Prior to that, it took a considerable amount of time to design the aircraft, design the rigging, build the rigging, and set up the tooling. They also didn't have to convert their knowledge from "View of Earth Physics and Modeling Version F" to "View of Earth Physics and Modeling Version X."

This isn't like building the plane on the manufacturing line with all the plans laid out in front of you. This is like starting at step 1 and having to design the entire thing from scratch.

Exactly.

It's never been confirmed that the 777/NGX/744v2 are going to be developed for X-Plane. They're making the DC6 as a testbed for possible future development.

Mark's post, above, contains the text from RSR, but I can see how this gets confusing.

The DC-6 was not so much of a testbed as a learning platform. It's a lot easier to learn a program/language/technique if you learn it from the ground up. Additionally, it's a lot easier to learn a program/language/technique when you are passionate about the project (think about learning a new game you're really into versus learning some subject back in grade school or university that you had no interest in). Attempting to convert something from one program/language/technique to another can often drag in things from the original way that are not optimized for the new way. Building the DC-6 in X-Plane from the ground up helped the team learn exactly how XPL wants things to work. From that base understanding, moving projects between the sims should be easier and more effective.

Kyle Rodgers

ill wait.

thanks  alot guys

You could be waiting a while then. I mean the 747 V2 has been in development for a considerable time and that is for two platforms that PMDG knows well FSX & P3D. They have been developing the DC6 for a long time but knowing the attention to detail PMDG development guys, I'm not surprised especially considering X-Plane is a totally new platform for them. I have P3D myself and have the PMDG 737NGX and 777 for it and absolutely love them especially since V3 came out. I'm hoping once the DC6 is released PMDG might be able to give us a time frame for which they can port over their flagship products to X-Plane and hopefully that will be within this decade! And once PMDG do release for X-Plane we should see what the potential in the platform is.

David Thwaites