Sign in to follow this  
lcseale53

FS Nav, Kneeboard, and FSBrowser black backgrounds

Guest tkjake

I know I am forgetting something simple here. When I open FS NAV, Kneeboard, or FSBrowser, I get a black background instead of a transparent one. I must have screwed somthing up but I cant find it. Is this a video driver problem? I am using Nvidia 77.77 on a GF6200 256mb card. This is a strange one for me.BTW, the Dreamfleet Baron 58 RXP is awesome. Get it. Thaks guys and gals.

Guest tkjake

Some More observations. These are all Web Based windows. This problem DOES NOT occur in windowed mode, only full screen. FSAA and ansiotropic settings don't seem to make a difference.Could this be an IE thing? I never had this happen before. If you use Nvidia 77.77 drivers and DO NOT have this problem, please post here. Thanks

Guest pugsley

The black screens happen with a combination of: recent nVidia drivers full screen mode anti-aliasing settingsI do not get any black screens when using the 71.89 drivers on my GF800 Ultra wth anti-aliasing set to maximum 8xs.With more recent drivers I get the black screens you mentioned plus a black window in the select aircraft page when anti-aliasing is set to maximum and when in full screen mode. Reducing anti-aliasing one notch to 4x eliminates the black screens.Alternatively, leaving anti-aliasing at maximum and changing from full screen mode to windows mode eliminates the black screens.Why is it so?

Guest tkjake

Ok, that seems like a good start. I'm going to go back to an older video driver and check it out. Thanks

Guest tkjake

Ok, switched to the 78.01 drivers and it seems to be cured. I had to do a boatload of cleanup to get a good clean install.