Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Correct install path for ES Isle of Man scenery to FSX SE

Rick,

Have you added all of those entries to the Scenery Library for ES-CI (Channel Isles) and ES-IOS (Isles of Scilly), as per Kevin's instructions? You will not see anything at all if you don't. You also need entries for ES-3D and ES-SFX (mine are above all of the other entries for ES software).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm amazed Kevin where you manage to elicit such links.

Okay, ran it as instructed to the line.

Here's what shows up

Guernsey2.jpg

And here's my Scenery Library entry for Guernsey:

SceneryLibrary2.jpg

Rick,

Post #12 and Post #24 (both by Kevin) indicate all of the entries that you should have in your Scenery Library menu. If you do not have these, then you will need to manually add them. Or are you saying that you can't get the full contents of each DVD installed on your PC? If so, is there no way of manually extracting the folders from the DVDs without using the ESI software?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher

I have no ES DVDs, as I made my purchases with them online, which I saved to a separate drive.

Okay, will have a look at Kevin's posts #12 and #24 and see if I can make sense of it all. I'm beginning to get a tad frustrated that I made a purchase for a series of Add-ons, albeit without the pre-knowledge that ES would go belly-up, and now, cannot quite get it installed like all my Scenery add-ons bought much before that, seamlessly into FSX-SE.

Hopefully, with yours and Kevin's aid, I can eventually get there.

Phew, at last, thanks to Christopher and Kevin, I've got to where I want with the Earth Simulations add-ons. But still have a minor issue with St Mary's.

AtLast.jpg

Phew, at last, thanks to Christopher and Kevin, I've got to where I want with the Earth Simulations add-ons. But still have a minor issue with St Mary's.

Glad to hear you're getting there :) Is that pic above of St Marys though? (difficult to tell on an iphone but rather looks more like IOM to me? (forgive my eyesight if I'm wrong!)

Well I pointed the scenery library to ES Isle of Man and they are showing up correctly in the scenery library. 3 ticks I believe.

But there is strange behaviour during the load, taking ages, springing back to desktop, blank screen. Eventually it loads and the main Airport (Douglas I think) is all fine and crisp. However, I get a bad case of the blurries when flying in my CH47, so nothing fast. I do not have this with any other scenery at all.VFR GenX Scotland South is underwater. Gutted. Really fed up now.

ES IOM requires more than just 3 ticks in the scenery library, refer to the post in this thread where I listed all the required folders in the correct order :)

There are fixes for GenX issues available through http://www.arm-computers.co.uk/Photo_Scenery/FSX_Patches/fsx_patches.html , but you may be able to solve your particular issue simply by ensuring the GenX scotland scenery library entry is above your ES-IOM ones...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

That screenshot is Isle of Man Ronaldsway, but I can see that there is a LOT of autogen missing in the background. If I am correct, the town of Castleton is in the distance, but that screenshot makes it look very sparse. What scenery and autogen complexity settings are you using, Rick?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, I had a similar issue to that in the puc when I manually i stalled IOM at first. IIRC ir was just that I didnt have the ES-3D folder active, or that I didnt have the textures referenced correctly. Either way it was easily resolved :) K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

Yes, I am wondering whether he has the ES-3D and ES-SFX folders installed and/or the Scenery Library entries activated.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Kevin & Christopher

Are these the ES-3Ds you are referring to. And yes, Christopher got it spot-on, it was Ronaldsway, IoM

Check these:

Channel Isles

CI-3D.jpg

IOM

IOM3D.jpg

Scilly Isles

IOS-3D.jpg

Or is it this which I've just added to the Scenery Library

ES-3D.jpg

Does this Douglas, IoM, look better now I've added that ES-3D?

Douglas.jpg

But still an issue with St Marys

StillIssueWithStMarys.jpg

Rick, thats looking much much better :) K

xaP1VAU.png

Check to see if you have the St Marys elevation modification file in your scenery/world/scenery folder Rick, and do you have any other sceneries installed which could be impacting there? K

xaP1VAU.png

Rick,

You will need to disable the ORBx FTX version of EGHE St Mary's if you have FTX England installed. As for the Isle of Man screenshot, that looks better. Do you have a superbly detailed Castleton to the south west of the airport? Oh, and the ES-3D entry that you added to the Scenery Library menu is correct, but you also need to add the ES-SFX folder entry.

With respect to the mesh, you have told me that you do not have the ES-IOS-LM folder? That is strange. Kevin....am I right in thinking that this includes the terrain mesh for the Isles of Scilly? It is 269MB, and really should be included in Rick's download version. That may be why he is having serious terrain elevation problems.

EDIT: Is this conversation also helping you, slip-stream?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You will need to disable the ORBx FTX version of EGHE St Mary's if you have FTX England installed. As for the Isle of Man screenshot, that looks better. Do you have a superbly detailed Castleton to the south west of the airport? Oh, and the ES-3D entry that you added to the Scenery Library menu is correct, but you also need to add the ES-SFX folder entry.

Good call Chris, I don't use FTX-England so that was something that passed me by :)

With respect to the mesh, you have told me that you do not have the ES-IOS-LM folder? That is strange. Kevin....am I right in thinking that this includes the terrain mesh for the Isles of Scilly? It is 269MB, and really should be included in Rick's download version. That may be why he is having serious terrain elevation problems.

No Chris, AFAIK the ES-IOS-LM folder contains the night lighting layer for the photoscenery. The folder ES-IOS-Terrain contains the terrain mesh. :)

xaP1VAU.png

OK, thanks for the clarification. Mind you, he will still need that folder!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png