Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Correct install path for ES Isle of Man scenery to FSX SE

Okay, have disabled Orbx's FTX EU:England, but still see this for St Marys and Guernsey

StMarysAfterFTX.jpg

Guernsey4AfterFTXOut.jpg

And I have hunted high and low for that missing LM folder. No joy.

Jersey is okay, so is Alderney. And the IoM looks good too. But I'm scratching my head if IoM looked good with Orbx's FTX EU: was enabled, why the issues with St Marys and Guernsey? And I've just tested IoM and it still looks okay.

ORBx FTX England does not include the Isle of Man, so that is probably the reason. Can I ask this again......have you added the two ALT files to your World/Scenery folder? In addition, your terrain textures in both areas look rather blurry to me, but I need to see them from a slightly elevated position to know for sure. Oh, and you seem to have a default tower at EGHE St Mary's, so something still isn't right in that department.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ooops, if you mean those two ALT files that Kevin linked to, sorry, I forgot about them. Will do so.

Well, I really do not know where to go next with this. Orbx FTX EU:England disabled; those two ALT 'fixes' by Kevin installed; and all the ES files in the Scenery Library that should be there, but still have this with Guernsey:

GuernseyNoBetter.jpg

And this for St Marys.See circled PAPI lights

StMarys661364.jpg

You seem to have a default tower at EGJB Guernsey aswell as one at EGHE St Mary's, so it seems that (at least some) of the default scenery is not being excluded. What scenery and autogen complexity settings are you using? There are missing buildings and other objects in your Guernsey screenshot. Sorry for asking this again, but can you confirm that those two ALT files have been added to your World/Scenery folder? I think we need to see the contents of some of the ES Guernsey folders.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher, using Scenery complexity=extremely dense, and autogen density=dense.

Those two ALT files that Kevin provided the link to in post #30,"add the Guernsey altitude mod file from http://www.arm-compu...h.html#Guernsey :)", I installed, so I have no idea which other two ALT files you are referring to.

This is the ES-Guernsey folder within ES-CI Airports

GuernseyFolder.jpg

and inside ES-Guernsey

InsideGuernsey.jpg

Cannot find anything else for Guernsey.

Christopher, using Scenery complexity=extremely dense, and autogen density=dense.

Those two ALT files that Kevin provided the link to in post #30,"add the Guernsey altitude mod file from http://www.arm-compu...h.html#Guernsey :)", I installed, so I have no idea which other two ALT files you are referring to.

This is the ES-Guernsey folder within ES-CI Airports

GuernseyFolder.jpg

and inside ES-Guernsey

InsideGuernsey.jpg

Cannot find anything else for Guernsey.

Rick, can you clarify where exactly you installed the 'alt' files please?

And did you ensure that the folder Chris mentioned may be missing is active now please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin

Exactly where that link's Readme instructed:

EGJBAlt.jpg

Kevin

Exactly where that link's Readme instructed:

EGJBAlt.jpg

ok, we may have miscommunicated and thats my fault, sorry!

Apart from that links files (as above) there are two bgl files that need to go in your [root sim folder]/scenery/world/scenery folder.

EGHE_StMarys_ALT.BGL

EGJB_Guernsey_ARM_ALT.BGL

Cheers kev

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin

Glad we got that misunderstand sorted out. I thought it was me going doolaly!

Where do I get those ALT and ARM bgls, because they are not in that link I downloaded?

Will PM you re those 2 files Rick

xaP1VAU.png

You STAR, Kevin. :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy: :im Not Worthy:

Many thanks. Much appreciated.

Well, I thought that Kevin had provided links for those ALT files, so no wonder you were going crazy! I guess the reduced number of 3D objects in your Guernsey screenshot (compared to my own install) is because you have Autogen Complexity set to DENSE. I don't "do" reduced scenery or autogen complexity settings. It's maximum firepower all the way!! :smile:

On a side note, I think I am going to get a nice bottle of wine prepared for the day when Rick finally gets his ES software up and running properly :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher

I thought you did not imbibe? Well, in that case let it be my privilege to share a bottle of a nice Chilean Chardonnay or  a lovely New Zealand white at Cosford. My thank you to you for all your tremendous inputs into this nightmare. And if Kevin is there, he too gets one.

As regards 'maximum firepower', I normally have no need to turn the Autogen Complexity to more than 'dense' because I get fairly good results with the EVGA  GTX970, and as am generally flying at the 25k-36k FLs, what's underneath me is of little importance.

I do drink half a glass of wine with a meal now and again, so.......are you telling me that you are now fully up and running? Now I would like to know if slip-stream has also solved his ES install problems......

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png