Sign in to follow this  
planenut

Sayit Multiple Problems

I've been having this problem through all versions.

When using Sayit, pilot requests engine start.-Says it twice.  Don't know why twice.

Ground says engine start approved.

Pilot replies with engine start approved.

Click on taxi in drop down he says again engine start approved

When pilot requests taxi he repeats engine start approved.  Also,  clicking anywhere on the screen causes him to repeat each time.

Unhandled exceptions occur at any time during this process and even selecting continue will cause him to say engine start approved.

Jim

Jim,

After you click on Taxi in the drop down, you have to select the specific phrase you want SayIt to say in the gold lettering in the list box.  Then that phrase should be transferred to the Speech Text box and is ready for you to press the SayIt button.

The SayIt button will say whatever the last Gold phrase is in the Speech Text box, where the Pilot and ATC Controller speech is displayed.

On the unhandled exceptions, if you could record what phrases those are happening on, I should be able to fix them.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Let me go through the steps I take and the results:

1)  On the drop down menu I select Engine Start

2)  I select Ready for Engine Start. 

3)  It makes this request twice

4)  Ground answers - Engine Start Approved

5)  Pilot answers Engine Start Approved.  Again, it says this twice

6)  When I'm ready to taxi I select the drop down to choose taxi.  Just selecting the drop down causes the pilot to say Engine Start Approved again

7)  I select Taxi and again the pilot says Engine Start Approved

8)  I select Taxi to the active runway and again I get Engine Start Approved and I get the Unhandled Exception.

9)  I select Continue and again get Engine start approved

10)  Seems like no matter where I click the mouse on the screen, I keep getting the Engine Start Approved and the pilot always replies twice.

Hope this helps.  I think I have a pretty good handle on how it all is supposed to work.  It's just not working for me.

Jim

Jim,

That is strange behavior.

Thanks for the details.  That will let me check it out and fix it.

Thanks again,

Dave

Jim,

I figured out what's going on.

You somehow have your Mouse Left Btn set as the Joystick Button for SayIt.  That's the only way it would trigger it every time you click anything and would make it fire twice when clicking the SayIt button with the left mouse.

I also found the unhandled exception and it swill be cured in the next update.  But if you can clear the SayIt Joystick Button assignment in the Config window Speech tab, that should fix the truly weird behavior.

Dave

Hi Dave,

It's working now.  I disabled the Sayit Speech Assistant Hot Key and Joy Stick Sayit button in the Speech tab in the Config.  I don't think I ever enabled them and I don't know how the mouse left button was set as the joystick button.  Don't even know how to do that.  Thanks for the help.

Jim