Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Helton

NO AUTOLAND Message

Create a new cold and dark after a successful LAND3.

Works for me.

Okay, what I have done is started with the default and then after doing an autoland made a new cold and dark file with the ngx about as shut down as most pilots would see in real life.  My understanding is that few airlines ever go completely cold and dark even after the last flight of the day.  I have made that new file my start panel state.

Well, went to test my newly saved panel states and now have a new problem.  Engine 2 won't start up! Bleeds are on, ignition is set to both, and packs are off.  Fuel pumps are on.  Engine one starts per usual then after hitting GRD for engine 2 the valves open but absolutely no fuel flow!  N2 doesn't spool up at all.  I tried everything I could think of to fix it.  I'm not doing anything I haven't done a thousand times before.

Okay, I accidently saved the panel states with the Isolation Valve off instead of open, so that explains Engine 2!  I will test my newly saved panel states tomorrow and report back, then I think we can mark this topic closed.  It still doesn't explain why the default cold and dark panel state won't do an autoland, but we have a sufficient workaround.

RESULTS:  Oddly enough, after creating a new panel state from the default panel state, the NGX would not autoland, same as before.  The NGX only seems to autoland if you start with the default panel state with engines on. Since my instrument settings are the same for each landing, I can't think of what the difference would be that I'm overlooking.  There has to be a reason.  The NGX is a complex machine, and I'm not willing to write it off on software issue just yet.

It autolands for a lot of people, so it must be something specific to your set up. I think the best thing would be to submit a support ticket and let PMDG look into it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Should I reference this thread in the support ticket?  Any advice on how to phrase it so they don't turn around and tell me to follow the tutorial? 

Should I reference this thread in the support ticket?  Any advice on how to phrase it so they don't turn around and tell me to follow the tutorial? 

If you submit a ticket, we'd need specific steps to reproduce. Otherwise, all I can say is that you're likely not following the procedure outlined in the tutorial.

Also: I'm assuming your user name is your actual name, but full names are required in the body of the posts for consistency.

Kyle Rodgers

I believe I've narrowed down the problem to the PMDG Operations Center.  The NGX is not recognizing any aircraft specific changes saved through the OC.  If I take any livery and then load the house PMDG tail number inside the cockpit, Land 3 works.  I'm sure this is because the house PMDG is set to fail operational.  I can also load any tail nail number from any livery and see that the cockpit doesn't match up at all to the "saved" livery specific settings in the Operations Center.

The OC is updated to the current version.

In order to save any livery specific changes, the Operations Center MUST be run with admin approval in Windows.  Failure to do so will not allow FSX to recognize livery specific settings even when the OC records those settings as changed and saved.   The reason I couldn't LAND 3 was that FSX was still recognizing every livery but house as Fail Passive, even though OC saved them as Fail Operational. 

This is such a simple fix that it should probably be the FIRST thing suggested if this problem is ever brought up again in the Forum.  Kudos to Kyle Rodgers for suggesting it.