Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

Installing EZdok Camera Prepar3D V3

Introduction 

This is a Basic Tutorial to Install EZdok Camera for Prepar3D V3    

"""EZdok Camera is now in a new 1.18.7 All-in-One build. There is no longer any need to update from earlier versions via multiple updates to get the latest version or Prepar3D compatibility.
The latest variables.ini file is also included. So if you are a new purchaser from Flight1.com, you no longer need to apply updates (unless a new update or variables.ini file is released).
Note: There is no need to update if you have 1.18.7 already in place. So do not install and overwrite anything if you have EZCA already installed. This build simply combines everything into an official all-in-one installer""

What Is EZdok Camera? 

""First, this is a camera manager that enhances view control in Prepar3D for more convenient navigation over the virtual cockpit, around the aircraft and around the Flight Simulator world.

Second, this is a tool that incorporates visual effects of camera shake, caused by aircraft accelerations and turbulence  that makes flying in Flight Simulator more immersing, and also can be used by flightsim movie making enthusiasts to make their videos more exciting"" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------
INDEX
---------

(1)  Installing EZdok

(2)  Un-Mapping Prepar3D Keys

(3)  Setting up your first Camera View

(4)  Problems 
                                                                                      Click on Pictures to Make BIG 

---------------------------------------------------------------

(1)  Installing EZdok

Before i run the EZdok Installer, I will do some Pre-Checks on my PC security.  I will do this to Insure EZdok will Install without Problems.

A  I will Disable my User Account Control "UAC".  Type UAC into your Windows Search bar, Drag the bar down to Never notify and Click Ok.   B I will now add the Installer to my Exclusions Zone "Trusted Zone"  of my Anti virus Software 

24846210904_687587359a_o.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1   If this is your First time to use EZdok, you will have to Enter your Payment Details and Purchase EZdok,  as i already own EZdok i will Click  "Click Here to Reinstall"  

2  Enter your Email account and Password, Click Validate.   3  As you can see my Activation limit in coming close to,  But for now i can Install No problem. 

24846211574_70d63bc6f6_o.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4  By Default the EZdok Installer will Install onto your C Drive, this is fine,  Click Ok.   5, Click Next.   

6 This is were EZdok will install the EZCA files to operate EZdok  (The Main Folder)  You can pick your Own place to Install,  I am happy to Install here, Click Next 

25109213059_206f46c789_o.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 Tick the Box and Click Exit.   8 and 9 Read the Images Carefully and make your choice,  Click Ok.  10 The "Configure" Box will pop up,  Click Configure files,  as you can i have done this already.  

24850051423_eb5c307338_o.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Next i will go to my EZCA location,  I will Right Click on config.exe and EZCA.exe Click into Properties, Click Compatibility and Run both as administrator, Just like the image shows 

12 I will now add the Entire EZCA folder to my Exclusions Zone of My Anti virus Software 

25109212869_d1cb87cdf7_o.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Launch Prepar3D,  you will know if you have successfully Installed EZdok by the little Icon in the bottom Tray.  Before i start to use EZdok i will first Un-Map my keys. Follow the Next step   

25476774785_12ab065d50_o.png

===========================================================================

(2)  Un-Mapping Prepar3D Keys

EZdok depends and uses certain keys,  Some of these Keys are already Mapped by Default in Prepar3D,  so i will need to Un-Map them.  

The list of keys are as follows A, S, Shift+A,  Shift+S,  Shift+D,  All the Keys on your Number Pad and the 4 Direction Arrows 

25476909975_f070b35a35_o.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an example I will now Un-Map the NUM 7,  follow these 4 steps to Un-Map the rest of the required Keys

1 Go to your Prepar3D Settings, Into Controls and into Buttons and Keys. Double left Click on any free Space.   2 The Change Assignment box will pop up,  I will start with "NUM 7"  Click Ok 

25384035631_14d1939e7c_o.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3 You will be reminded that NUM 7 is Currently assigned to something else,  This is fine, Click Ok.   4  I will now left Click once to Highlight "NUM 7"  and Click  Delete Assignment.  Follow these 4 steps to Un-Map all the required Keys.

Please Note:   When you are finished be sure to Click Ok,  If you don't you have have to Un-Map the Keys all over again. (belief me, its a pain in the &@($*)  

25476910105_63a4e0d53f_o.png

======================================================================================

(3)  Setting up your first Camera View    The picture is a bit muddled up looking,  But follow the Numbers around,  1, 2, 3, 4 

I will go through some very simple steps to set up your first Camera View.  

1 As you can see your short cut to EZdok will be in the Add-ons beside Help,  You can also Press  Shift+D to bring up your EZdok Control Panel.  

2  By Clicking the little green box's especially  POV "Points of View" i can use the Direction Keys to move around the Cockpit.  By Clicking PTP, i can move from each camera position in a smooth and fluid fashion. 

3  Before i set up a Camera View i will Name it,  Right Click on the first free space,  Add camera and Name it,  Click Ok 

4  I am now ready to set up my first Camera View,  i will position myself to in the Virtual Cockpit until I'm happy,  Hit NUM lock and then NUM 2,  We are now in "Edit" Mode,  you will hear a beeping,  Hit NUM2 again,  Now your Camera View is Set.

When setting up another Camera View, Right Click on your first saved Camera and Click Clone Camera View, you can Rename it then 

Please Note:  When NUM Lock is On and by pressing NUM 3 you will Turn Off the Ezdok Control Panel,  So when your View is set Turn Off NUM lock  

I have added some extra basic descriptions in the Image for you to read.      Click To Make BIG

24850267003_02f1dda273_o.png

========================================================================================

(4)  Problems 

Problems with Activation.  

If you have reached your Activation Limit.  You can go to Flight1 Support  http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=service  and scroll down to  "Reactivate your Order"  Enter your Details,  Your order Number will be in your Original Purchase Email,  It will start something like 119xxxx  

24850304203_c8a3be817b_o.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Problems 

EZdok will not Launch with Prepar3D

You can first Confirm that EZdok has successfully installed by going to your EZCA folder Install location and checking that you have all the correct files in the folder.

A  This is a list of all the Files that will be in your EZCA folder.   B You can open up the SimConnect folder,  Right Click and Install,  See if this helps. 

25384156781_218940fcc9_o.png

Next i will Confirm that that i have an EZdok Entry in my exe.xml file located here   ► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► PreparD v3

EZdok will add this to your exe.xml file.  
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>false</Disabled>
<Path>C:\YOUR INSTALL LOCATION\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Be sure this is at the End of the Entry,  Just like the Next Image shows

</SimBase.Document>
I will now look inside my exe.xml file and confirm or maybe modify the Entry.  

1 Right Click on exe.xml,  Down to Open With,  Click into Notepad.   2 In here you can check and make sure there is a Launch EZdok Entry,  Between the Blue Lines,  You can also Modify this if you need to.   As you can see my path is Program Files (86)\EZCA\ezca.exe.  

3  I have Over layed 2 pictures of where MY  EZCA  folder is Installed to show you the relevance of where you Installed to how your Path is Defined  

Please Note: If you are going to Modify your Path in the exe.xml file,  you need to make sure you type the exact spelling and exact spaces.  If you are even 1 digit out,   EZdok will Not Launch 

25181437100_f5d7cf3e9c_o.png

Thank you  
Edited by Elaine Dixon
Updated Format
  • Upvote 7

Excellent job Elaine!  Before we move it to the Tips and Tricks Forum, I will pin this to make sure everyone is aware of your latest instructions.

Rob/Vic - hope this is okay with you all!

Best regards,

• Upvote 3

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Very good Richard.  

Yes you need to Run Prepar3D as administrator

Right Click on your Prepar3D Icon,  Click Properties  Click Compatibility  Tick the Box "Run this program as administrator"  Click Apply

25589618680_628915486d_o.png

=====================================================

Step 11 of the above Guide is also very important.  You need to also Run Config.exe and EZCA.EXE as administrator 

Same process as above,  Right Click on both,  Click Properties,  Compatibility,  Tick the Box,  Click Apply   

25864490426_078b707e7b_o.png

• Upvote 1

On 19/03/2016 at 10:00 PM, 'Manny' said:

How do I set that up instead of setting one up for each aicraft?

Hey Manny.  

You have a couple of options 

Set up each Plane separately  

Go with Richards suggestion 

Or,  you can grab some of the Pre installed Cameras on the older planes,  Save them and load them into your New plane.  You will have to adjust them a little to suite what ever plane you load them into. 

To Save the Cameras on one of the older planes,  Click File,  Click Save Camera Set,  Name your Camera and Save somewhere you will find easily 

25310020603_f5fd360c89_o.png

Load up your Plane of choice,  Click File,  Click Load Camera Set, Click Continue,  Find your saved file and Bingo,  The Cameras will load up.

25938742095_7f5b246f56_o.png

Cameras loading into your Plane 

25638169040_70874e03ab_o.png

25306040694_bc49d7040b_o.png
  • Upvote 1

I get a pop up saying "Any data of NF camera is not found

Ok your Trying to Import the Cameras,  You need to Click File and Load the Cameras

25938742095_7f5b246f56_o.png

• Upvote 1

EZdok will Not work 

Checklist

Have you got  EZdok Installed ?   Go to Program and Features and check 

25616265413_3f7bd7f34d_o.png

===============================

Have you got the EZCA folder with all these files in it ?   Default Location   ©  Program Files (x86) EZCA  

26152696561_8756a96674_o.png

===============================

A  Have you Disabled your UAC User Account Control ?     B  Have you added the Entire EZCA folder to your Exclusions Zone of your Anti virus Software ?  

24846210904_687587359a_o.png

==================================

Are you Running Prepar3D as administrator 

26192921216_cb3211c320_o.png

===================================

Are you running EZdok as administrator ?  .  Right Click on config.exe and EZCA.exe Click into Properties, Click Compatibility and Run both as administrator, Just like the image shows 

25945861140_aea75c1d55_o.png

===================================

Have you Installed the simconnect that comes with EZdok ?   Have you Installed the simmconct that comes with Prepar3D ?   See the previous post 

==================================

Most Important

Check your exe.xml file for the EZdok Entry.  The EZdok configurator  will add this for you,  but check it anyway.

If you look at the image you will see how My path and where i have EZdok installed is defined  

1 Right Click on exe.xml,  Down to Open With,  Click into Notepad.   2 In here you can check and make sure there is a Launch EZdok Entry,  Between the Blue Lines,  You can also Modify this if you need to.   As you can see my path is Program Files (86)\EZCA\ezca.exe.  

I have Over layed 2 pictures of where MY  EZCA  folder is Installed to show you the relevance of where you Installed to how your Path is Defined  

Please Note: If you are going to Modify your Path in the exe.xml file,  you need to make sure you type the exact spelling and exact spaces.  If you are even 1 digit out,   EZdok will Not Launch 

====================================

This is what My exe.xml file looks like with just one Ad On "EZdok"  

If you Copy and Paste this, Be sure to change the Path to suit were you have Installed EZdok

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>EZdok camera addon</Name>
<Disabled>false</Disabled>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA\EZCA.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document> 
  • Upvote 2

Ive been pulling my hair out here with this program, couldnt get it to start after following these instructions. Long story short to save someone else the headache.

If you install this program anywhere other than its default x86 location, you will have to edit the path in your p3d exe file!!

Yes very good, Just to hammer that point home.

The EZdok Configuator by Default will Install a Pathway in your exe.xml file to Program Files (86).  If you have Installed EZdok anywhere else but here you will have to Manually modify this.  

Please Note: If you are going to Modify your Path in the exe.xml file,  you need to make sure you type the exact spelling and exact spaces.  If you are even 1 digit out,   EZdok will Not Launch 

Click the picture,  Follow the numbers and read the Tex 

• Upvote 1