Sign in to follow this  
rod55

how to reverse from the Gate?

Hi C90 fans, just flown nighttime Lossiemouth to Glasgow; what a great looker this is! So here's my request. "At the very start of a flight, how do you reverse the plane from the Gate?" At the moment I'm just ploughing forward and turning 360 through airport objects? Not a pretty sight!! Feeling a bit of a twit to ask this. ( PS With my old FSX BOX SET, i couldn't run this with quickly plummeting frames. Now I've converted to STEAM, things are just great! FPS 30s to 50s; capped at 53). Rod (Birmingham, UK)

I am not quite sure if I understood your question right. But why are you not just using "Shift+P" for the FSX/P3D internal pushback truck? This will push you back in a straight line until you press "Shift+P" again to stop it. 

Add "1" or "2" after the "Shift+P" to turn the plane during the pushback..

There is also a pushback feature in some commercial products, such as the ones included in GSX.

Ernest Pergrem

The King Airs are capable of a Power Back, but most aerodromes will not allow it.

Basically put the engines into full reverse and allow the airplane to back up. Whatever you do DON'T STEP ON THE BRAKES. Backup further then you actually want to go then push the power levers forward so you get some forward thrust. Once the airplane squats back forward you can step on the breaks. Remember 1 minute limitation in reverse.

I have powered back a few dozen times in real life and it is not too bad. It is a little unusual but not bad.

• Upvote 1

THANK YOU PILOTS! Of course this is the pushback trick i needed. i just got used to clicking on in-airplane devices and joystick buttons that I'd forgotten to really search all the keyboard commands. Thanks for being so quick. I'll use this tomorrow for airport downloads Glasgow to Belfast Intl. Enjoy C90; I just appreciate it's extra speed (compared to other smaller GAs) for getting to quicker to destinations 100 - 250 miles away. I think Accu-Feel improves the experience.  Cheers! Rod