Sign in to follow this  
Knight

PMDG 777 FMC Flight Plan File Format

Hello! Looking at buying the PMDG 777. Just wondering what file format the FMC uses.

Does it support the same as the 747?

Does it support .rt2?

Just wondering what file format the FMC uses.

.rte

Does it support .rt2?

The 747 uses .rte and .rt2. I don't know if the T7 Supports .rt2. I have never used a plan format of .rt2.

Hello! Looking at buying the PMDG 777. Just wondering what file format the FMC uses.

Does it support .rt2?

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Added in my signature now. Came from this page https://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/support.html%C2'>

Anyways do you know if the triple 7 support .rt2?

As stated earlier by pcubine above it works with .rte but does it work .rt2?

Reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to use the 777 with radar contact.

I have no routes in the .rt2 format. Several years ago I deleted all the routes that came with the purchase of the PMDG 747-400X. If you can get a route .rt2 format to me, I will be happy to try it in the T7.

SimBrief.com will create .rte routes.

Thanks. But I don't need .rte. I need .rt2.

I generated a .rt2 using PFPX. Cut/Paste to 777 folder from PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder. When I try to enter the route in the 777 FMC as a CO ROUTE the error message says Not In Database. So I would say .rt2 does not work in the T7.

The op wants rt2 files to use with RadarContact, but their web page says they work with any FS2002/2004/FSX flight planner.  Simple solution: Use .pln file.  Most flight planners will export in more than one format, export a pln file for RC4 and rte for 777.

Dan Downs KCRP

I generated a .rt2 using PFPX. Cut/Paste to 777 folder from PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder. When I try to enter the route in the 777 FMC as a CO ROUTE the error message says Not In Database. So I would say .rt2 does not work in the T7.

Ah alright. Guess I'll just go freeware with the 777. Founds this huge volume pack.... If you google BCJ 777. They have 3 volumes. It's the 777 panel from FS9 with VC. Huge amount of liveries in them too.

The op wants rt2 files to use with RadarContact, but their web page says they work with any FS2002/2004/FSX flight planner.  Simple solution: Use .pln file.  Most flight planners will export in more than one format, export a pln file for RC4 and rte for 777.

Issue is rc4 will direct the aircraft via the .pln file from fsx, and the plane will follow the .rte file.

Just ends up being conflicting with the 2 systems.

EG:  RC4 will say go via waypoint AB.  .rte from an updated AIRAC wil say go via waypoint AC... 2 different waypoints and you end up getting John Dekker in RC4 yelling at you haha.

This freeware one while not as detailed in the VC should hold me over until someone makes another 777.  I'll admit that I'm not a hardcore simmer so if some

one like CLS (are they even still around?) or Qualitywings makes a 777-lite I'll get those.

Thank you for the help everyone!

Issue is rc4 will direct the aircraft via the .pln file from fsx, and the plane will follow the .rte file.

You missed the point, your flight planner exports the SAME route in two formats. But, I cannot argue with someone who will be happy with a freeware 777.  Happy contrails.

Dan Downs KCRP

You missed the point, your flight planner exports the SAME route in two formats. But, I cannot argue with someone who will be happy with a freeware 777.  Happy contrails.

How can you switch it? So far anytime I've played FSX it (the default flight planner in the game) saved it as .pln

Chris... do not ever use the FSX default flight planner for the PMDG 777. First big reason is the navigation database used by FSX is about 10 yrs old, and the PMDG products use navigation databases that you can update every 28 days from real world data. Secondly, the 777 FMS cannot be programmed to use the FSX default data but only the database that ships with the product and you optionally keep up to date.

Almost all users will go to one of several commercially available flight planners, my preference for the 777 is PFPX because it does ETOPS and re-dispatching very easily. Regardless of what you choose, it will export in both pln and rte formats.  PFPX has an advantage in that it uses the same navigation database source as PMDG and it interfaces well with TOPCAT for takeoff derate and flex calculations that you'll learn are important in the 777.

We're glad to help you with any questions you have in your decision to purchase the PMDG 777; just so happens that navigation and navigation databases are in my wheel house.

Dan Downs KCRP

But, I cannot argue with someone who will be happy with a freeware 777

And all that effort that went in.............................only to discover it's a freeware 777. Ouch!