Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Is a Registry Cleaner Necessary?

How well is your windows speech recognition working after running System mechanic ?

I don't use speech recognition, Ioli have been good in replying to queries, can't see there would be a problem though. Sorry can't help.

Echofox

I don't use speech recognition, Ioli have been good in replying to queries, can't see there would be a problem though. Sorry can't help.

Well if you ever get the urge to try FS2crew, MCE or VoxATC you will  probably find your voice recognition broken thanks to System mechanic.

Guys,

Be very, very cautious with registry cleaners.  #1 - they are not necessary and #2 they will not "speed up" anything.  At best - they are harmless.  At worst - they can cause serious issues.  Case in point - after I foolishly cleaned my registry some time back (with CC), my FSX started crashing.  Turns out something got corrupted with a dll registry for one of my addon aircraft.  Had to reinstall and spend time reconfiguring the settings.

If you ask CCleaner to make a backup of the keys that it's about to fix, all you need to do is re-install those keys back into the registry if you subsequently have any problems. You should never need to reinstall the original software.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Well if you ever get the urge to try FS2crew, MCE or VoxATC you will  probably find your voice recognition broken thanks to System mechanic.

Thank you for that, why didn't you mention it in your first post, I don't have any urges for the above, real time flying takes care of it !

Echofox