Sign in to follow this  
Misrael

Pmdg Fmc speeds 240

Hi i notice that whenever im start descending and go onto approach and then the speed go to 240 and for all My altitudes the speed in the fmc legs pages never changes from 240, so its very unpredictable to do my flaps speefs and other stuff. Any way to fix this

No this is normal so you can maintain the 250 knot restriction below 10000 ft. 240 is there just to make sure if theres a gust of wind you don't bust the 250kt restriction.

Any way to fix this

This is how it's supposed to behave.

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

A lot of the B737 and B777 folks I know use FLCH almost exclusively once below 10,000.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

A lot of the B737 and B777 folks I know use FLCH almost exclusively once below 10,000.

I don't recall that being part of the discussion here, but I know there are passionate followings in the VNAV, FL CH and VSPD groups. Using FL CH would side-step the issue being discussed here.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't recall that being part of the discussion here, but I know there are passionate followings in the VNAV, FL CH and VSPD groups. Using FL CH would side-step the issue being discussed here.

I was referring to the OPs comment about speed  control. 

Sorry about the confusion. :smile:

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

The 240/10000 in the DES page is the default setting that comes with the FMS as ordered from the factory or wherever, and this setting can be changed.

Vernon Howells