Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

I would like to ask for opinions about 707 for FSX.

VC and texturing - is it similar to L1011 quality ?

CS is not telling a word about systems which were modeled - how those are done ?

Also i want to know if FDE is somehow "convincing" ?

Is there any problem with INS CIVA implementation ?

Any serious bugs which are simulation destroyers ?

Appreciate for all opinions

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I would like to ask for opinions about 707 for FSX.

VC and texturing - is it similar to L1011 quality ? No of course not, it's several years older.  But it's not bad at all.

CS is not telling a word about systems which were modeled - how those are done ? This is a very  simple aircraft with no advanced flight management systems, pretty much VOR-to-VOR flying. It is basic and works fine.

Also i want to know if FDE is somehow "convincing" ? Pretty much so. It has a heavy 'feel' to it. I always thought the landing rates were a little too easy.

Is there any problem with INS CIVA implementation ? Can't comment on this one.

Any serious bugs which are simulation destroyers ? Not that I found. Good on frame rates.  Overall a good old school flight experience

Appreciate for all opinions

I would say the 707 is a fantastic aircraft, I fly it all around Alaska and sometimes between Texas and Mexico. It's an older CS plane so in my opinion the graphics are very good but the L-1011 is pretty amazing. I would say the flight deck is very convincing and has the potential to be very immersive depending on how hand on you want to be. I do not use the INS add-on, just radio navigation and the doppler system (which in its own right is fun). Finally the only bug that plagues me is that sometimes when i switch views the aircraft bounces and the tires screech, not a deal breaker, just kind of an eye roller. To conclude, I own it, I love it, and I fly the heck out of it. 

Sign in to follow this