Sign in to follow this  
vololiberista

New Airshow regulations

That VC10 was not actually at an airshow.  The idea was to use the strakes on the back of the lowered flaps to scarify the grass of the pilot's back lawn in Surrey.  A good idea but not quite low enough. 

ngxu_banner.png

That VC10 was not actually at an airshow.  The idea was to use the strakes on the back of the lowered flaps to scarify the grass of the pilot's back lawn in Surrey.  A good idea but not quite low enough. 

To avoid confusion it was at White Waltham and he did the low pass just as Prince Charles said "I declare this air show [drowned by the noise of four RR Conway jets]". On his way there the pilot did try to get involved with a local cricket match!

I do believe that 'ailchim' was making a joke! :dance:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I do believe that 'ailchim' was making a joke! :dance:

Yes Bill! But you know what some people are like. They read just the first word and base their opinion on that. I tried that manoeuvre in the sim and it does work. 81%n2 flaps 2 but with gear up meaning the horn will sound all the time with the radio altimeter at 20 feet. You just need to pull up as there is already enough power from the engines.

Hi.

Note in the BBC report that the CAA are proposing some very heavy increases in the charges they levy for air-show approval. They claim that the new charges are to mitigate a significant 'under-recovery of costs' but I'd have thought that a potential 500% increase in charges is unlikely to be matched by a 500% increase in services.

Beyond rather nebulous statements like 'Action 13: The CAA will enhance the frequency and intensity of its oversight of DAEs to ensure that they are fulfilling their responsibilities to a satisfactory standard', the Action Report, CAP 1371, does not give any indication of expected CAA expenditure.

You can read more about what the CAA are proposing here.

If you are resident in the UK you could do worse than to sign the government petition here.

Or, better, still, contact the CAA directly with your reasons for objecting. Here's their contact form.

Best regards,

Dave