Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Citation X

Bought  the Citation X several years ago for FS9 - it was my favorite aircraft at the time - but it was time to move on, and I installed FSX-SE last November - I hated to give up the Citation - but last month Lo and Behold! I found that the Citation was flyable in FSX!  However, the panel was not workable anymore and the cabin surrounds were basically gone.  So I installed the Falcon 50 panel and it still flies great.  But I do miss the Eaglesoft 3D panel, and some of the thei other goodies.       

That's because the FS9 version isn't licensed for use in FSX... you violated the license.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yeah, well it was bought and paid for, and it's for my personal use - it's like I buy a car, but the dealer give's me a list of roads I can't travel on with my new car -  plus the plane is basically a flying shell of what it once was in FS9.  

And as an aside, if you knew how much Iv'e spent on FSX payware in the past four months, (you being a Commercial Member), would certainly amaze you, I'm sure.  

No, it's not. You don't OWN anything but a license to use it according to the EULA that you clicked through in agreement of. That's why it doesn't function in FSX. In fact you should be flying around with no VC visible, red covers all over the aircraft. If you aren't... you've done something to bypass the copy protection.

I'm the commercial member who did the avionics and FDE for that addon... not just 'a Commercial Member'.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Bought  the Citation X several years ago for FS9 - it was my favorite aircraft at the time - but it was time to move on, and I installed FSX-SE last November - I hated to give up the Citation - but last month Lo and Behold! I found that the Citation was flyable in FSX!  However, the panel was not workable anymore and the cabin surrounds were basically gone.  So I installed the Falcon 50 panel and it still flies great.  But I do miss the Eaglesoft 3D panel, and some of the thei other goodies.       

If you like the plane so much, why not support the developer and upgrade to the new platform?

BTW, Ryan, those are some excellent pics. ES did a great job with this bird. P3D users should be very happy. :wub:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I actually cannot read the license agreement - it's in another language possibly, Chinese. Heavens knows why? (Have to dig out my old computer and go back to the registered Eaglesoft docs).

In any case, before you accuse me or anyone else of abusing the license thru a work-around, you are welcome, or anyone else in this forum, to try the FS9 Citation X in FSX-SE and see the results.  I'm pretty computer savvy, but would have no idea how to defeat Eaglesoft's safeguards that prevents it's use in FSX. There certainly was never any red shrouds on the plane. 

You coding guys seem to be all paranoid that someone has defeated the code routine in payware - sure. it happens - there are even UTube videos out - but that's not the case here.  

A little birdie told me not to post that reply - my bad - I should have known there were forum members out there waiting to pounce - I sure was right.  But really, the best part of that plane is mostly gone in FSX - but I just liked the look of the fuselage.  I'm sure there are other simmers out there who have tried it - you know, who want just the shell. 

But I do apologize to Eaglesoft, and to you for any violation of the EULA.  I can't justify it, but I was not aware that I overstepped the agreement.

DJJose:

Please re-read my original reply:  Particularly, the last sentence...

• Upvote 1

Well it's quite systems deep! It will take some RTFM for sure! It's basically like PMDG for a bizjet

Thanks Ryan. I love that jet and I'm sure it is worth time invested learning the systems.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Ya I need to read the friendly manual again - Ed knows I screwed up the flight plan stuff - it was inhibiting the CDI to display FMS mode - it was all pebkac

Problem is I'm having trouble finding time to read and fly with all my lovely hoodlums running around.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well it's quite systems deep!  It will take some RTFM for sure!  It's basically like PMDG for a bizjet

That is the greatest compliment that you could give to any aircraft sim developer and it is well deserved when it comes to Eaglesoft.  They have done a fantastic job with this Citation X (10).

(I make the distinction (10) because I made the mistake in calling it a Citation "Ex" to a real Citation Excel pilot and was quickly corrected)  :Shame On You:

By the way, those are beautiful screen shots!

That is the greatest compliment that you could give to any aircraft sim developer and it is well deserved when it comes to Eaglesoft.  They have done a fantastic job with this Citation X (10).

(I make the distinction (10) because I made the mistake in calling it a Citation "Ex" to a real Citation Excel pilot and was quickly corrected)  Shame%20On%20You.gif

By the way, those are beautiful screen shots!

:hi:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png