Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Duke V2 Avionics always on

I have the Duke V2 in FSX Acceleration and even when I turn off the avionics and battery the airplane is still on. I can hear the atc from the radios and the battery eventually dies because it is taking energy. I emailed Realair and they told me to live with it and "reload the aircraft" which to me isn't a solution. So does anyone know a fix? I am using the RealityXP avionics package I don't know if that is the reason it doesn't work right. Thank you.

Try switching to a default aircraft and back and see if that does the trick.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Anything in the aircraft.cfg under [electrical] about the battery always available=1?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Anything in the aircraft.cfg under [electrical] about the battery always available=1?

I will check, but I still hear the avionics sounds when switching off the avionics switch and then the battery switch.

Do the avoinics seem to switch off, ie do the lights all go out?

Do the avoinics seem to switch off, ie do the lights all go out?

Yes on the vc panel everything is off, except the dome lights, but I still hear the avionics sounds in the background, and the sounds on the last ATC frequency I was on. This could be caused by reality XP and not the fault of Real-Air I do not have the Flight1 GTN to compare it to though. Hoping to save up in the next month or so.

The only aircraft model I have that continue sounds when unexpected is I believe the MilViz B55, and its the heater blower switch. I do not have the Duke (v1), but the TDv2 does not continue sounds when properly shut down.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'm pretty sure that the configuration utility for the Duke has an option to have the avionics on at start up. Regardless of whether you shut them down in your last sim session. I'm at work so I can't check for sure.

Mike

I'm pretty sure that the configuration utility for the Duke has an option to have the avionics on at start up. Regardless of whether you shut them down in your last sim session. I'm at work so I can't check for sure.

Mike

I have cold and dark set.

I own the Piston Duke V2 with an RXP GNS530, and the Turbine Duke V2 with a Flight1 GTN750.

In either airplane, the radio stops talking, the moment I switch off the Master Avionics switch.

Bert

I own the Piston Duke V2 with an RXP GNS530, and the Turbine Duke V2 with a Flight1 GTN750.

In either airplane, the radio stops talking, the moment I switch off the Master Avionics switch.

Did you do any changes to the ini files? I am going to reinstall the duke then and see if I didn't change something in the past that messed this up. I have changed between the 430 and 530 and other configurations maybe something in that broke something. Can you tell me if you turn off the airplane and have the dome and panel lights on does it turn off those lights?

The dome and panel lights turn off (and on) with the battery switch, if they are toggled on in the panel.

Bert

Did you do any changes to the ini files? I am going to reinstall the duke then and see if I didn't change something in the past that messed this up. I have changed between the 430 and 530 and other configurations maybe something in that broke something. Can you tell me if you turn off the airplane and have the dome and panel lights on does it turn off those lights?

In the flying guide we mention that cold and dark is not always reliable despite our best intentions. We actually reset the variables not just once but many times while the Duke is loading in the hope that stuck variables are cleared. The guide discusses this at length and I think I also mentioned it via email.

BTW I don't use phrases like "live with it" and I don't believe I would ever say that. Pressing one key once for an instant reload (it takes 2 seconds) doesn't seem too much of a hardship and usually clears all stuck variables.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

In the flying guide we mention that cold and dark is not always reliable despite our best intentions. We actually reset the variables not just once but many times while the Duke is loading in the hope that stuck variables are cleared. The guide discusses this at length and I think I also mentioned it via email.

BTW I don't use phrases like "live with it" and I don't believe I would ever say that. Pressing one key once for an instant reload (it takes 2 seconds) doesn't seem too much of a hardship and usually clears all stuck variables.

My apologies I did not know about that write up in the guide. I will change the starting configuration to engines running then and will report back.