Sign in to follow this  
Ton4s

Cool : Virtual CDU

Hi,

not associated with the company.

While looking through the Android Playstore I found a virtual CDU

vcdu.jpg

This is my tablet, can also connect phone, either as two of the same CDU or as F/O CDU..

If anyone knows more of handy Android thingies, plz...

what tablet is that? 

Samsung TAB s

PC is wired and Tablet via Wifi.

There is a much cheaper alternative. Look for Mark Foti in the AVSIM library.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Agreed. As an owner and user of all of Mr. Foti's apps, I couldn't be happier. And you can have multiple connections. Left side on my tablet, right on my phone. I can check the status of a flight from anywhere in the house. Not to mention you can purchase the license for the upcoming PMDG 747v2 and have it on launch day. All for a lot less than the other options.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Ok. Haven't tried it yet, but the pics look great. Wish to have known this before...

Hmm, no prices, have to send a request... Strange...

Update:  now I know, its EUR 27.50 for 3 licences...

Ok. tried it quickly

The CDU being a webpage has its advantages and disadvantages. A webpage is more versatile of course. The Android App has "clicks" and an option to keep the screen on. The Android app does not always connect to existing, saved situations (but saved with the CDU working, no problem), but Mark Foti's version does.

Need to find a full screen browser, and set the display time-out to infinite... Foti's app/page seem a bit slower at times....

I think I'll fly with the Android app for now. When I am ready for the 777, I'll start with the Foti CDU. 

OMG, a 747? Didn't know that. Banking,Banking...

And you can have multiple connections. Left side on my tablet, right on my phone. I can check the status of a flight from anywhere in the house

Android app does this too. Ideal for Netflix binge watching and flying long routes  :wink:

Does Mr Foti have more apps??

Hi Tony,

regarding your browser: please check out the FAQ at the support forum for the Remote CDU:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/475080-faq/

There's a link how you can add the app to your homescreen, making it feel much more like a native app. This will work for both IOS and Android.

If you have any further questions or issues, feel free to post on the support forum directly:

http://www.avsim.com/forum/742-remote-cdu-for-phone-tablet-official-support-forum/

Best Regards

Mark Foti

(and no, I don't have further apps at this point)

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png