Sign in to follow this  
FS++

Now MCE provides crew experience for Tristar and supports PF3

Hello Gents

Pleased to announce that starting from version 2.6.64, MCE fully supports Captain Sim L1011 Tristar.

It's important to note that while David has done a very professional job with crew SOPs, you do not have to follow that.

This is a fully interactive crew simulation, not a timer based one that dictates "when" you say something and "what" to say 

You could simply ignore your crew at times, ask FO to set a specific thing at other times. get the flight engineer to set the panel to a specific state with a single custom command etc...

Your imagination is the limit....

To real world pilots who have flown this type, this is the closest you can get to your heydays now that the aircraft is being phase out.

This makes it the 36 th fully supported complex aircraft in the series.

A decade in the making, MCE is now a mammoth project. All in one package providing voice based crew simulation, even for aircraft that don't have SDK, like PMDG MD-11, PMDG B747, QW 757, QW 146, almost all Captain Sim aircraft and many others.

Also, with this update, comes support for the newly released PF3 ATC system. Luckily, it has a Demo too.

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/pf3_trial.htm

MCE only provides the voice control part to PF3, so you can speak ATC jargon like...

Heathrow ground KLM 143 requesting ATC clearance to Amsterdam

Frankfurt tower, Lufthansa 237 standing by for taxi.

etc....

Enjoy your week end, and have fun with the available MCE Demo

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Excellent News!

I have been using MCE with PF3 this morning. Works well so far!

I did have to reassign the ROGER key in PF3 to \, even though it should have worked. It seems the default really is control + shift +\. This combination did not work with MCE. After reassigning PF3 to \, PF3 started to acknowledge my ROGER commands.

Thanks again!

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thank you, it works great except for one thing. With PFE, MCE was aware of frequencies and my copilot was able to "switch to delivery", "switch to tower", etc.. With PF3, my copilot is not informed and asks me about the frequencies all the time.

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

Is it right that in the settings of the new mce, I can only chose Native, RC4 and PFE ATC? There is no PF3 ATC option. It's strange because I could swear it was in there one time... not anymore, reinstalled it, still not there.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

Is it right that in the settings of the new mce, I can only chose Native, RC4 and PFE ATC? There is no PF3 ATC option. It's strange because I could swear it was in there one time... not anymore, reinstalled it, still not there.

Yes it is.

Just an oversight in keeping the label as "using PFE ATC". PFE and PF3 are assumed the same. MCE will detect installation and use in following order

- PF3 registered version

- PF3 Demo version

- PFE older version.

In next update will display PF3 where appropriate.

One question re interface with PF3:

Is the FO able to, or will be able to, handle COMMS like William and Lorna do with RC4 currently?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

One question re interface with PF3:

Is the FO able to, or will be able to, handle COMMS like William and Lorna do with RC4 currently?

Stuart

Not yet.

Right now, you can only use one of PF3 FO voices.

We are looking at possibly using the "Closed caption" feature of PF3, which displays what FO is going to say, then try to get our co-pilots to speak that instead.

Not sure whether it's going to work with the current recorded voice sets though. Will give it a go for sure