Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

Belsimtek News

Belsimtek plan final release of Mig-15Bis and F-86F modules

http://www.belsimtek.com/news/1628/
The relatively long beta stages of our DCS: MiG-15bis and DCS: F-86F Sabre modules were not in vain. We have been working hard on a lot of improvements. With the recent additions and changes, we now feel they are ready to leave beta stage. Thank you for believing in us and supporting us by buying beta versions of our modules!

We spent a lot of time and effort making sure that both modules resemble their historical originals as much as possible. A lot of research went into recreating the original cockpits. Especially the Sabre module received a lot of improvements and is now much closer to the real F-86F-35 than it was two years ago!

We also changed the flight dynamics of both modules at critical flight regimes. Parameters such as G’s, speeds, and accelerations were already correctly tuned from the beginning, so there won’t be any surprises when in normal operating range. Instead of being scripted, all regimes were based purely on physics already in beta stage. Now, the simulation models also feature well elaborated stalls and spins. The constant improvement of our modeling methods allowed us to model aerodynamic, kinematic, and inertial interconnections more precisely, and take into account the gyroscopic moment of the engine, changes in balance of the airplane (depending on fuel, armament and ammunition), presence of weapons on pylons, etc.

Besides the above-mentioned improvements, we have been working on the flight manual for DCS: F-86F Sabre. It has the same level of detail as the existing DCS: MiG-15bis flight manual and contains comprehensive information about the aircraft’s history, construction, systems and procedures. Furthermore, we have also created English-narrated interactive training missions that give you step-by-step training instructions on how to handle the legendary Sabre.

We are planning to release DCS: MiG-15bis next week and DCS: F-86F Sabre the week after. Be assured that the removal of the beta tags does not mean that development of these modules will come to a stop. We hope you are looking forward to the release as much as we are!

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Great!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Excellent news. Razbam has stepped into DCS with their Mirage 2000C and really raised the bar fr other developers when it comes to patching and pushing products out of beta. Seems as Belsimtek is also trying to step it up. Let's hope the rest follow suit. I'm looking at you VEAO.......

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

What about missions & campaigns?

F-86 still haven't got a campaign or interactive training missions....after 2 years in beta....really? 

• Upvote 1

Hello Skysurfer,I understand your frustration.Maybe they're waiting for New,Era Correct Theaters to be completed before dedicating resources/time to this.

**Not saying this's a good business practice by any means** But The Cart was before The Horse in regards to New Graphics Engine(DCS World 2.0 EDGE) and Aircraft modules.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

What about missions & campaigns?

F-86 still haven't got a campaign or interactive training missions....after 2 years in beta....really?

If you read the original post closely, it does mention training missions for each aircraft. I will say that after this length of time I would be disappointed if it's just a very basic set of flight qualification mission. Unfortunately this is all I expect them be.

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

***from Belsimtek site***

http://belsimtek.com/news/1738/

"Dear Friends,

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!

Please accept our best wishes for your holiday celebrations and the upcoming New Year. We wish you good health, love, happiness and harmony. Let the New Year bring you joy, new prospects and prosperity. In the coming New Year the Belsimtek team will continue its support of existing products, will join the Eagle Dynamics team for a large new project, and will resume work on another project that had been suspended, which will be unveiled soon. Thank you for being with us and for your support and ideas!

Sincerely Yours,
The Belsimtek team

77ba19d927de9e311ed1e582af705c7c.jpg?148

Patrick

Wow!  What's it going to be ???

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Wow!  What's it going to be ???

Mi-24 Hind

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I want a C-130H

Main Simulation Rig:

Remember the Hind project has talk about them some time ago officially by ED, and has active on the ED russian forum section, BSK talking about the Hind. I think the on "hold" project can be the AH-1 Cobra, the second helo planned.

• Upvote 1

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

I Hope you're Right SD :smile: 

Patrick