Sign in to follow this  
dromeascr

Any suggestion for an FSX sun modification?

I've been looking for a sun quite a long time. The best one I found was lying in a Kyle's video "PMDG 777LR/F - Freighter Tips and Tricks", however he can't remeber where he found it, more specifically, that's what he replied: 

AAmGzYc.jpg

I went to that channel, but I wasn't able to find any sun-releated stuff

So, maybe someone in here can finally enlighten me. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance

Don't look at the sun!!

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Any suggestions? 

Found it. It's made specifically for the "ENB Series" shader mod, but that doesn't mean that you need it. Search the AVSIM file library for sky-textures-for-enb-series_12.zip.

Kyle Rodgers

Found it. It's made specifically for the "ENB Series" shader mod, but that doesn't mean that you need it. Search the AVSIM file library for sky-textures-for-enb-series_12.zip.

I installed the ENB series along with it - undoubtly the best visual enchachment I have ever seen, thanks Kyle, I was looking for such a thing for ages. And the sun looks way better now. 

e0VkSJA.jpg

Kyle and/or anyone else,

I have seen the word ENB passing by many times and I have even once downloaded a file containing ENB setting files but never knew what to do with them and how to use them.

Can you please explain to me what the ENB is and where to find and install them or it?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards Dirk  

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Can you please explain to me what the ENB is and where to find and install them or it?

Every zip file containing the ENB mod that I've seen has a readme file. Contrary to popular belief, developers/creators actually put those files in there to be read. I know that's pretty blunt, but it's important that you follow the directions in the file because there are so many variations of the mod.

NOTE: The ENB series mod can cause all kinds of instabilities in the simulator. The fix for the those instabilities is simply removing the mod, and the removal instructions are simply the reverse of whatever is in the readme file for that version.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, you are totally correct where it not that I am a bad reader but moreover it is my age that prohibits me to  fully grasp the computer language and/or synonims. which make it hard for me to follow the install reader.

Anyway thank yyou for taking the interest in my question and the respective answer.

Dirk

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

where it not that I am a bad reader

Read in the read me, or read here - both are reading, honestly, though I guess I can see how both would be made difficult.

it is my age that prohibits me to  fully grasp the computer language and/or synonims.

Never discount yourself or give yourself excuses, unless you're willing to give up on something entirely. It may be new terminology or concepts, but much like learning anything new in general, it takes a moment to fully understand. Age occasionally affects this time frame, but the main barrier is a willingness to learn. The main issue there is that we tend to get more stubborn as we age (which means that, at my rate, I'll be royally screwed before I get to 40... :P ).

Kyle Rodgers