Sign in to follow this  
Simjockey

Connecting to PF3 on network PC

I can get MCE working OK on FS PC (P3Dv3) and PF3 working OK installed on a client PC, but MCE only sees the native ATC.  How do I get MCE to see my PF3ATC?

Regards.

Paul Davies.

Update - wasn't expecting such fast support, especially over the weekend but these guys have already been in touch and exchanging emails.  Great support.

Paul.

Paul Davies.

Yes,I've always found them to be very helpful and quick as well.

Any chance you can share your solution (if solved)? 

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Not exactly solved as I had an ntd.dll error  on the first attempt after the fix and had a strange request on my sim PC for the activation code for PF3 (which is legitimately activated on the networked PC) on the second.  Support were concerned that network latency might make it difficult for vox to work properly, so that might be an issue.

Anyway here was their immediate advice (and they're looking closer at this type of setup this week) ...

1 - Go to the MCE cfg file in user..... /Roaming folder and change the two entries to read ...

ATC=PFE

IgnorePFERegistry=1

This will prompt MCE to ask for your PFE.exe (browse to the PF3.exe) folder on next startup

2- This didn't work for me as I think it kept looking for PFE (seems logical?), so support then suggested the following additional alteration ...

Find the PF3.exe and PF3.ini files and copy then save back into the PF3 folder as PF_Emulator.exe and PF_Emulator.ini.  This certainly stopped MCE continually looking for the PFE.exe

As I said I had a couple of problems thereafter (I haven't spoken to the guys about this yet) but I think my ATC terminology is also at fault so not sure what part that plays as I can get the odd communication going using vox.

Don't know if that helps, but what I can say is that support is fast - even over the weekend, so please contact them if I've not been clear enough.  Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Paul.

Paul Davies.

THanks Paul,

I'm only thinking of networking these programs and wonder what I might run into.

I do know that, for some reason, I have to press 0 to initiate contact with Clearance. Once I've done this, everything seems to go well.

The only other thing I've run into, is requesting a higher altitude. It does work, but PF3 always thinks I'm asking due to clouds and only gives me a 2000 foot altitude increase. So, for now, I manually press and hold the H key, then momentarily press the 5 key for a 5000 foot increase.

Other than that, most all seems to go well so far.

I wanted to get used to MCE & PF3 before I start requesting enhancements...

Thanks for your update though.

Jeff

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Not exactly solved as I had an ntd.dll error  on the first attempt after the fix and had a strange request on my sim PC for the activation code for PF3 (which is legitimately activated on the networked PC) on the second.  Support were concerned that network latency might make it difficult for vox to work properly, so that might be an issue.

Anyway here was their immediate advice (and they're looking closer at this type of setup this week) ...

1 - Go to the MCE cfg file in user..... /Roaming folder and change the two entries to read ...

ATC=PFE

IgnorePFERegistry=1

This will prompt MCE to ask for your PFE.exe (browse to the PF3.exe) folder on next startup

2- This didn't work for me as I think it kept looking for PFE (seems logical?), so support then suggested the following additional alteration ...

Find the PF3.exe and PF3.ini files and copy then save back into the PF3 folder as PF_Emulator.exe and PF_Emulator.ini.  This certainly stopped MCE continually looking for the PFE.exe

As I said I had a couple of problems thereafter (I haven't spoken to the guys about this yet) but I think my ATC terminology is also at fault so not sure what part that plays as I can get the odd communication going using vox.

Don't know if that helps, but what I can say is that support is fast - even over the weekend, so please contact them if I've not been clear enough.  Let me know how you get on.

Regards,

Paul.

Hi Paul

Did you have to use the "PF_Emulator.exe' when you stating PF3 since that seem that satisfy MCE.

Just wondering since it asking to the re activation.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

The PF_Emulator.exe solution was suggested by MCE support - it did seem to generate the activation request so Ben from the FS++ team had me download an alternative exe they were working on and suggested I delete the 'copied' emulator files.  The new exe and other alternative files seemed to clean that up and interface with PF3 but I still cannot get vox to work with PF3 - am now investigating PF3 required setup with Dave at PF3.

Although I'll have used up my demo time with MCE, I am so impressed with the support that I will purchase a licence and pursue the solution further over this weekend even if it means moving PF3 onto my FS PC!

Paul.

Paul Davies.

Hi Bob,

The PF_Emulator.exe solution was suggested by MCE support - it did seem to generate the activation request so Ben from the FS++ team had me download an alternative exe they were working on and suggested I delete the 'copied' emulator files.  The new exe and other alternative files seemed to clean that up and interface with PF3 but I still cannot get vox to work with PF3 - am now investigating PF3 required setup with Dave at PF3.

Although I'll have used up my demo time with MCE, I am so impressed with the support that I will purchase a licence and pursue the solution further over this weekend even if it means moving PF3 onto my FS PC!

Paul.

Hi Paul

>>The PF_Emulator.exe solution was suggested by MCE support - it did seem to generate the activation request

Same here.

What I will do is wait, since it appears they are aware and looking for a solution.

I am still hopeful for a network solution. I like having processes off loaded on the another machine so that the FS machine does not have the manage it along with VAS savings.

Thanks for working with them and sharing what you learn.

Hope we will hear some good news soon.

Bob