Sign in to follow this  
AlexP144

P3D flickering not responding

I've had P3D for a long time now and over the last week I have noticed that P3D keeps flickering not responding, It does this continuously and I cannot find a solution.  Please Help!

Hi Alex,

Windows 7? I noticed occasional similar issues with the 2.x versions of P3D as still happens occasionally with other programs like Windows Live Mail on my Dell M18x Alienware Notebook. Usually not a major problem and is often quickly resolved by clicking away from the active window and then back on the window to make it active again*. Prepar3D v3.1 seems rock solid. Perhaps it has something to do with Windows Aero or the much needed revision of the P3D menu system which I found to be very flakey in the 2.x versions. Having said all that I have had no such issues with my new build.

*Edit: When that didn't work I will force the process to end and and then restart the offending program. Oddly enough the problem rarely recurs after that. Teaches you to remember to save your work at regular intervals ;)

Regards,

Mike

My idea was it was windows as it happened with other programs. I use windows 10.

I've tried windows forums and it says to open Serivces.msc, and then find Desktop Window Manager Session Manager

service but I cant find it in sercvices.msc

http://www.blackviper.com/windows-services/desktop-window-manager-session-manager/

I don't believe that service exists in Windows 10. There's also a process in Windows 7, 8 and 10 called the Desktop Windows manager (dwm.exe). Neither of these items normally use very much in the way of CPU resources, so disabling them would probably have little impact. However, if you run Process Explorer (or the built in OS task manager) and you see that dwm.exe is eating up a lot of CPU resources, there probably is something  wrong with your Windows 10 installation.

That would be pretty unusual as any programs that run at startup would be running, as would an anti-virus app plus all the services  and processes that Windows 10 is running in the background. It should look like this:

PE.jpg

I have near enough the same but I've noticed that whenever I click onto P3D V3 it says not responding and then responded instantly. Also I can change tasks to stop it but when I click on P3D again it starts flickering on and off, not responding and responding.