Sign in to follow this  
iflygary

For The Shockwave 3D Lights Lovers

For anyone besides myself that's a huge fan of Shockwave's 3D Redux Lights here are the coordinates for them.  I've only included the landing and strobe position lights.  The rotating beacon as well as nav lights, in my opinion, aren't too bad. The strobe lights however were weak at best.  I've already contacted Alabeo and notified them that there is a bug with the taxi light since it only works dependently of the landing lights which is incorrect.  Hopefully they'll have a fix for this in an upcoming patch. As always, make sure you back up your original  just in case you want to go back to it. I've attached two screenshots. One over Darrington at night and the other departing Rwy 33 at Harvey.

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 10, -6.6, 0.00, 2.70, fx_vclightpa23RED

light.1 = 2, -7.38, -19.40, 0.960, Fx_shockwave_strobe

light.2 = 2, -7.40, 19.40, 0.960, Fx_shockwave_strobe

light.3 = 5, -5.0, -18.75, 0.65, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

light.4 = 5, -5.0, 18.75, 0.65, fx_Shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G6EP

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/G6R2

Gary

Thanks, Gary.  I've tried them and they work fine.

• Upvote 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks, Gary.  I've tried them and they work fine.

Stew,

Glad to hear that. It's good to know I was able to do something to help you out. You've helped out several times over at the Orbx forums!! :)

I'm glad I could help over there.  There's a lot to cover when it comes to those sceneries.  I'm by no means an expert.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

For anyone besides myself that's a huge fan of Shockwave's 3D Redux Lights

Hi Gary.... I purchased Shockwave's 3D Redux Lights some time ago before I moved from FSX to P3D but never got around to installing the product in either sim. I did not so long ago out of curiosity check out the A2A forum to see if the product was compatible with P3D and it appears that there is certainly no official support and mixed posts about it working/not working in P3Dv3.x, so I'm interested to know what your experiences have been? I'm running P3D v3.1 and about to upgrade to v3.2. Thanks.

Darren Morris

Hi Gary.... I purchased Shockwave's 3D Redux Lights some time ago before I moved from FSX to P3D but never got around to installing the product in either sim. I did not so long ago out of curiosity check out the A2A forum to see if the product was compatible with P3D and it appears that there is certainly no official support and mixed posts about it working/not working in P3Dv3.x, so I'm interested to know what your experiences have been? I'm running P3D v3.1 and about to upgrade to v3.2. Thanks.

Darren,

The post on A2A's forums is correct. The landing lights aren't perfect, however the effect is better than the standard lights in P3d. As also noted in that post, their has been an improvement in their landing light effects with P3D's latest update. I haven't had any issues with any of their other lights. They all seem to work just fine. On a tiny side note, I love A2A's Products and have most of them. However, there are times I feel a little extra "push" could be given. I only say this because P3D at this time seems to be the more solid platform. It's just my opinion though and certainly not the bible, lol.

Many thanks Gary - maybe I'll give them a whirl then on one of the aircraft

• Upvote 1

Darren Morris

Thanks for this Gary!

• Upvote 1

Here's an alternative set (of which the permutations are quite endless....) that'll also get your taxi light working;

[LIGHTS]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 10,  -6.6,   0.00,  2.70, fx_vclightpa23RED

light.1 = 2, -7.38, -19.40, 0.960, fx_shockwave_strobe_sm.fx

light.2 = 2, -7.40, 19.40, 0.960, fx_shockwave_strobe_sm.fx

light.3 = 5, -5.0, -18.75, 0.65, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light

light.4 = 5, -5.0, 18.75, 0.65, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_small // Shockwave light

light.5 = 6,  -0.30, 0.00, -1.95, fx_Shockwave_landing_light_narrow // Shockwave light,

Don't forget - make your backups so you can revert if you don't like these ('cos we're all different  :wink:) 

• Upvote 1