Sign in to follow this  
Westcoastpilot

Registry Error

Hello,

I just purchased the GNS430/530 and I'm having trouble finishing the installation. I'm getting an error message saying "The Windows Registry points to FSX and Prepar3D V2 in the same folder. The installation cannot continue until this is corrected."

I'm not using any migration tools.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gabriel - CYVR canada_flag.gif

Well, you've used something that has changed registry values so that it states both FSX and Prepar3D are installed in the same location. However, there is hope. Go into the Mindstar folder (located where you told the installer to install to) and you'll find a folder named Tools. In there is a program called SimRegEdit. Run that and it will allow you to correct the issue. If you have FSX and Prepar3D installed... then you need to correct the path values. If you don't have both installed... then you need to disable the one you don't have.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

OK I ran the tool and it fixed the registry issue. However, I'm getting another error message saying "The folder identified in the Windows Registry for Prepar3D V1 does not contain prepar3d.exe. This installation cannot continue until this situation is corrected or the folder is deleted."

I'm trying to install the GNS into Prepar3D V2, and as far as I know I don't have Prepar3D V1 installed on my system.

Gabriel - CYVR canada_flag.gif

Then use the tool to disable the entry in the registry for v1... like I stated... you've used something that created these entries at some point in time.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69