Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. Oveur

Aircraft Specific Settings / Properties (737NGX, P3D v3.1)

Hey folks!

I switched to P3D a few days ago. After installing the NGX (seperate purchase of course  :wink:) I added all my previous liveries via the Livery Manager of the PMDG Operations Center. I'm using primarily repaints with accurate airline options configurations (for example: Filename 'pmdg_737ngx_800wl_aal.zip' on the AVSIM Library). Unfortunately all of this aircraft using the, let's call it standard setting like the house livery. The downloaded liveries with airline options configurations from the Livery Downloader of the Operations Center are working without any problems.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Matt Bacher

If you still have the configuration files in FSX, these are the ini files located at \PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft with filenames like N807NN.ini, you can just copy them over to your equivalent P3D\PMDG location.  If the NGX loads a new repaint, it creates an ini file with default attributes, which is probably what you are experiencing.  A few livery providers will provide an ini file but it's not required.  There is also a nice advantage to moving the FSX aircraft ini to P3D in that the hours you put on that airframe are carried forward, nice if you use service based failures.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan, thank you for your quick reply! I completely removed FSX meanwhile, because I'm very happy with P3D - so, there's no reason for me to go back. Is there another solution for that? This was working fine with FSX...

Is there another solution for that? This was working fine with FSX...

It was working fine with FSX, I presume because you set up the configurations for aircraft missing the company specifics. Having blown off FSX you now get to do that again. Sorry.

This is a problem that comes up occasionally by mixing program data with programs, but this schema was created by MSFS a long time ago and will likely be with us for a long time.

Dan Downs KCRP

It was working fine with FSX, I presume because you set up the configurations for aircraft missing the company specifics.

Ah, you have misunderstood me or I did not express myself well. Sorry about! But the file I mentioned in my first post ALREADY includes a predefined configuration (for example: no yoke checklist etc.). When I import the PTP-file via the Livery Manager it also imports the predefined configuration (made by the developer of this repaint) for this aircraft. This works for FSX not not P3D. So I suppose it's an issue with the Operations Center / Livery Manager...

I don't know, Matt... (add your last name to your signature in your profile please), the OC will treat a ptp file from PMDG or Goldstar or anyone the same way and you said it works okay with PMDG liveries. It unwraps the package, installs textures, updates aircraft.cfg and installs the aircraft ini file if any.  My knowledge runs about this far, I'm not sure if OC creates the new ini file if none exist or the NGX does and I suspect it's the NGX.  So the test I'd run is to install a 3d party livery that you know contains aircraft settings then look at the ini file and see if it is default or company specific. My first guess is if the ini is missing then the 3d party livery package does not have company specific data. The interesting outcome would be a missing ini file, which I would then try to figure out if it is OC or 3d party to blame and launch NGX to see if it is the one creating the ini.

I'd like to dig into this deeper with you but I have other commitments this afternoon.  I assure you that how the OC works in FSX and P3D is remarkably similar with the only difference being simulator platform and data paths.

Afterthought:  I've notice OC behavior for a newly installed livery sometimes the OC Aircraft Specific Settings acts as if there is no file when there is... important, be sure to check the settings from the FMC first.  I've noticed this before and haven't followed through on it. It seems like after the FMC has made an update to the ini file then the OC works as expected.  This might be a bug worth reporting via trouble ticket if defined well enough to recreate.

Dan Downs KCRP

Okay, you can try it with the abovementioned livery. It's showing default but I know it contains specific aircraft settings because I used exactly the same livery in FSX (installed only days before I moved to P3D). I will uninstall the NGX, delete the PMDG folder in the P3D root directory and manually remove the OC (and all the other remaining files like AppData etc.) and report back. So far, thank you for your support!

Oh no no no no I never asked you to remove anything. Good grief. You didn't even look at aircraft settings in the FMS?

Dan Downs KCRP

I un-/reinstalled everything but it's still not working. Of course I looked into the aircraft settings of the FMC: It shows the correct INI-file or rather aircraft registration but all the values are default (same goes for all other third-party aircraft with airline options I have). And as I said before the livery has specific options (I'm 100% sure!). For some reason the OC Livery Manager can't load the related configuration for P3D...

I am in the same boat as you sadly, since moving from FSX to P3D, the Operations Center will not import the aircraft specific settings for any PTP file that I have installed. Sadly for not having found a solution, I resort to the same solution as mentioned above, by moving the appropriate .ini file the PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft. This is a fine method but it takes far too long if I want to install numerous liveries (e.g. the Norwegian or Ryanair packs) I hope someone will find a solution or it gets fixed someday.

Levente Krizsán

I hope someone will find a solution or it gets fixed someday.

Levente, the solution is up to the developer of the livery file.  The PMDG liveries all work as expected, as do the Goldstar ones.  Not much PMDG can do with this.

Dan Downs KCRP

Got the same issue in FSX SE.

If i install *.ptp file it doesn copy *.ini to PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft

If i download tje livery via Livery downloader then everything is OK. But, if i copy the downloaded *.ptp from temp folder and try to install it via Livery Manager it is still NO CONFIG FILE. So it is not the livery issue, it seems to be defenetly OC issue.

While there are now fix i'm looking for workarounds and have two questions

1) Is there a way to extract ini froom ptp manually?

2)What files should i delete if i want to have fully clean PMDG reinstall?