Hey, this problem has been going on for a while, and after searching the internet far and wide, I have no solution. 

Problem:

My Saitek Yoke keeps disconnecting mid flight, doesn't happen all the time, about 40% of the time I'm able to do 1-4 hour flights on either the PMDG 777/737 without the yoke disconnecting. Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNzQOhDE9Xg

The yoke disconnects, the plane's PFD and EICAS freeze, it just freezes at the position they were at the moment the yoke disconnects. If the plane was in a turn during the disconnect, it will keep turning, A/P doesn't work. Mouse is not usable at ALL. Clicks won't register anywhere, and everytime the mouse moves, it lags very heavily, as well as making a beeping noise. Clicking left/right button and scroling will also result in a beep noise. Only way to fix it is to do a system reboot, and reload the flight. 

I've tried moving to 5 different USB ports, reinstalling USB drivers, and did a few Windows re-installs. (Lost count after 3) 

Strangely, it happens more often right after a clean windows reinstall, but after I install all drivers, including the new USB driver, it happens less frequently, but happens at the same frequency of that when I first had the problem. 

I know the yoke disconnects, because the green display turns black. Unplugging and re-plugging doesn't help. Also happens in FSX and in P3D. (I reinstalled windows, installed FSX, and the yoke disconnects, reinstalled, and installed P3D, also the problem persists. Problem happens in all aircraft, as far as I can tell. I flew the default King Air for a few hours on each sim, problem happened. Same for PMDG. Only PMDG aircraft + default were installed, no other addons.) My OC is stable, I tried running it at 4.2GHz, problem still persisted. 

I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Specs:

i7 4790k OC 4.9GHz

GTX 980 4GB

Asus Z97-A ATX

16GB DDR3 RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke

CH Rudder Pedals

Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Hey, this problem has been going on for a while, and after searching the internet far and wide, I have no solution. 

Problem:

Do you have ac adapter for it that might help - it does not come with one you have to order it

You should be using a powered usb hub if you dont have one 

Try this first

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Has nothing to do with your OC and you have tried everything else

Rich Sennett

I do not have nearly as elaborate scheme as yours (congrats), but I have exactly the same hardware. I keep my triple Saitek throttle and CH Rudder plugged into the side of the Saitek yoke console. I do not know whether those are powered plugs or not, but it works for me. 

With that said, I recently switched to W10 and had repeated problems getting the OS to recognize my hardware, all three pieces. I found the solution with installation of drivers at

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/flightsim.html.

I downloaded the appropriate drivers for the yoke and throttle and let the installation routine run. The CH pedals needed nothing additional. 

From time to time and for no apparent reason, the OS will stop recognizing the hardware. When that happens, I just unplug and replug the rudder pedals and throttle back into the Saitek yoke console. I hope this works for you.

I also suggest that after you install the drivers you restart your system. It might take more than one restart to work. Good luck.

Sherm

Do you have ac adapter for it that might help - it does not come with one you have to order it

You should be using a powered usb hub if you dont have one 

Try this first

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Has nothing to do with your OC and you have tried everything else

Thank you for both your replies.

I downloaded the software, and followed the instructions. It did say that enhanced power management was already disabled, but did it anyways. I will see if this works by trying a long haul flight, and will report my findings. 

And as for the power adapter, it says it supplies power for the USB ports, but does it also supply extra power to the yoke as well? 

I do not have nearly as elaborate scheme as yours (congrats), but I have exactly the same hardware. I keep my triple Saitek throttle and CH Rudder plugged into the side of the Saitek yoke console. I do not know whether those are powered plugs or not, but it works for me. 

With that said, I recently switched to W10 and had repeated problems getting the OS to recognize my hardware, all three pieces. I found the solution with installation of drivers at

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/flightsim.html.

I downloaded the appropriate drivers for the yoke and throttle and let the installation routine run. The CH pedals needed nothing additional. 

From time to time and for no apparent reason, the OS will stop recognizing the hardware. When that happens, I just unplug and replug the rudder pedals and throttle back into the Saitek yoke console. I hope this works for you.

I also suggest that after you install the drivers you restart your system. It might take more than one restart to work. Good luck.

Sherm

I have downloaded the drivers and installed them, but I've tried to plug in the CH rudder pedals into the saitek USB ports, but the yoke just doesn't work. Once windows boots up, no green display, nothing. I think that the CH pedals draws too much power for the yoke to work, as it is all connected to one USB port on my computer. I'm thinking that lack of power from the USB ports is the culprit, so I think I may have to buy a powered USB hub, if the long haul flight ends up in the yoke disconnecting. 

Yes power up - I would do both - thats what I do and no problems - once in a while yoke gets funky - have to pull it - the yoke is needs a power source and powered usb is cheap enough

Rich Sennett

Yes power up - I would do both - thats what I do and no problems - once in a while yoke gets funky - have to pull it - the yoke is needs a power source and powered usb is cheap enough

Well, finished an 11 hour flight from Zurich and Hong Kong, and no hiccups/problems.

I will do another 5 or so long hauls before I start celebrating, but this may (hopefully) be a solution. 

Well, finished an 11 hour flight from Zurich and Hong Kong, and no hiccups/problems.

I will do another 5 or so long hauls before I start celebrating, but this may (hopefully) be a solution. 

Are you saying you bought some power  :smile:

Rich Sennett

Well, I am afraid to say that it has happened again. Doing my 5th test long haul from NFFN to SCIP in the 777, and it happened again. I was going through some turbulence, so when it disconnected, the PFD and EICAS remained frozen, as if everything was normal, frozen at 35000 ft, artificial horizon frozen, engine display frozen. I checked the actual altitude using Shift + Z, and actual altitude was 26000 ft and descending. 

Well, I'm gonna buy a powered USB hub and a power adapter and see if that helps. Will report if problem is solved. 

Well, I am afraid to say that it has happened again. Doing my 5th test long haul from NFFN to SCIP in the 777, and it happened again. I was going through some turbulence, so when it disconnected, the PFD and EICAS remained frozen, as if everything was normal, frozen at 35000 ft, artificial horizon frozen, engine display frozen. I checked the actual altitude using Shift + Z, and actual altitude was 26000 ft and descending. 

Well, I'm gonna buy a powered USB hub and a power adapter and see if that helps. Will report if problem is solved. 

Make sure you buy the right one for the yoke not sure if you can run down to the local store - I had to order mine online - usb thats a different story look for a belkin

Rich Sennett

You are simply overloading the un-powered hub on the yoke.

The Hub on the Yoke can support a Max of 500mA

Plug your Rudder pedals and Ch throttle into separate USB ports on your PC or through a powered Hub. the Saitek throttles should be ok through the Yoke

The Yoke itself is 100mA, The Rudders are 100mA add to that the two throttles and you are getting to the limit of the hub which is of poor quality anyway.

• Upvote 2

Your PC might be turning off the Yoke. I had a problem where my yoke would not respond after about 1 hour of flying. In the end i worked out my PC was turning it off.

Win 10

Go to your Control Panel / Devices and Printers / double click on the yoke, click on Hardware, Properties, Change settings, Power Management, and make sure the ( Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power ) in un checked.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Plug your Rudder pedals and Ch throttle into separate USB ports on your PC or through a powered Hub. the Saitek throttles should be ok through the Yoke

The Yoke itself is 100mA, The Rudders are 100mA add to that the two throttles and you are getting to the limit of the hub which is of poor quality anyway.

As I said before, my configuration when this started happening was the saitek yoke connected to a USB port, and my rudder connected to another USB port on my computer. Nothing connected to the yoke's USB hub. I don't have CH throttles, I use the original saitek throttle quadrant, with the PS/2 connection to the saitek yoke. Nothing connected to the hub. However, when I did connect the CH rudder pedals to the saitek USB hub, the yoke would turn on for a few seconds, but once booted into windows, it would stay on for a few more seconds then disconnect.

So I am thinking that my original configuration, the saitek yoke isn't receiving the power it needs at certain times, which causes the yoke to disconnect. I don't know how that's related to the PFD and EICAS of the PMDG aircraft freezing up, but at this point, I will try anything.

Also may be useful to note, FSUIPC stops autosaving after the yoke disconnects. I have autosave to save every 25 seconds, keeping 30 of the files, but once the yoke disconnects, even if the plane is still in the air, FSUIPC stops autosaving.

Your PC might be turning off the Yoke. I had a problem where my yoke would not respond after about 1 hour of flying. In the end i worked out my PC was turning it off.

Win 10

Go to your Control Panel / Devices and Printers / double click on the yoke, click on Hardware, Properties, Change settings, Power Management, and make sure the ( Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power ) in un checked.

I had Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checked, so I un-checked that. I will do a few flights to verify if this works.  

I had Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checked, so I un-checked that. I will do a few flights to verify if this works.  

I am sure that was the problem.   I had the same things happen to me and I have the proper saitek power adapter!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Exactly

Rich Sennett

I am sure that was the problem.   I had the same things happen to me and I have the proper saitek power adapter!

Unfortunately the yoke disconnected, same problem as before, but this time it was when holding short of a runway.

Sadly, this did not fix the problem. I will wait and hopefully the powered hub and adapter will fix the problem.