UPDATE:

So I was running FurMark and a CPU stress test, basically maxing out the GPU and utilizing the CPU not 100% but slightly lower than that, and the yoke disconnected. Furmark froze, and everything else froze but I was still able to move the mouse very laggily. Under normal operation, like web browsing, the yoke does disconnect with the *ba-dum* sound that windows makes when hardware disconnects, and a second later, the yoke comes back alive. So my theory is that when the computer isn't under load, there is still ample power for the yoke to recover when it gets disconnected, but when the computer is under load, and the yoke disconnects, there is no power available for the yoke to reconnect. That is my theory. 

Note: Running FurMark and CPU stress test is the equivalent of running P3D, I took note of CPU usage and GPU usage, and they are about the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qakO2m6CF3c&

That is my theory. 

You might want to check the power draw on all the USB ports just to make sure that each  device is getting enough power.

As an aside, that's a pretty good theory. My motherboard has an extra power connector to augment what the USB 3 ports obtain directly from the mobo. It's possible that your theory is correct, but not likely unless you are maxing out what the PSU can provide. That might warrant downloading a utility that allows you monitor  voltages, etc.

'

I am having a similar problem, though not quite the same.. in mycase it would seem it turns it off, but it's "there" If I go to game devices ity shows up and lights up immediately. It would seem it-s the usb off thing, however I did uncheck that... not sure what can be going on.

At the moment I have it connected to an external powered hub, with only the yoke connected to it (and the rudder pedals and ps/2 throttle to the yoke, all Saitek Pro Flight stuff).

I think I remember reading waay back somewhere for USB devices that the "turn off" was in another place also besides the standard power setting and the device properties, but cannot remember where...

Control Panel, USB devices and HID devices.  Right click then Power Management.  Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Control Panel, USB devices and HID devices.  Right click then Power Management.  Regards.

This was already posted, please read other replies before posting. Also, previously said that this wasn't a solution.

An update for you guys:

Well I bought the powered USB hub and the saitek pro flight power adapter. I connected them to the yoke, and there hasn't been a disconnect since. I'm not going to get my hopes up, since I only tested 3 long hauls, and tested FurMark + CPU Stress test for about 3 hours. No premature celebration yet.

Powered USB hub I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQFGH80?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

(Comes with an external 5V 2.5A power adapter.

Saitek Power Adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050BK1RQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Power output on the adapter says 5V at 2 amps

I will do another 5-8 long hauls and a 24 hour test of FurMark and CPU Stress Test to see if this is a solution that works. 

Cheers

This was already posted, please read other replies before posting. Also, previously said that this wasn't a solution.

An update for you guys:

Well I bought the powered USB hub and the saitek pro flight power adapter. I connected them to the yoke, and there hasn't been a disconnect since. I'm not going to get my hopes up, since I only tested 3 long hauls, and tested FurMark + CPU Stress test for about 3 hours. No premature celebration yet.

Powered USB hub I bought:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQFGH80?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

(Comes with an external 5V 2.5A power adapter.

Saitek Power Adapter:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050BK1RQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Power output on the adapter says 5V at 2 amps

I will do another 5-8 long hauls and a 24 hour test of FurMark and CPU Stress Test to see if this is a solution that works. 

Cheers

Problem solved 

Rich Sennett

I'm using a powered usb hub and I have the problem.

Nothing is solved..

The problem you described isn't the same as mine, and if you already have a powered USB hub, you know that this isn't a solution. You should make another topic for your problem, don't hijack this topic.

Problem solved 

Now now, let's not get our hopes up  :P

The problem you described isn't the same as mine, and if you already have a powered USB hub, you know that this isn't a solution. You should make another topic for your problem, don't hijack this topic.

LOL here to help thats all and a few digs  :Tounge:

Ah Carlos your powered and having disconnect issues ? hmm well thats not good - getting confused with all these posts latley

Rich Sennett

What are you, five?

LOL here to help thats all and a few digs  :Tounge:

Ah Carlos your powered and having disconnect issues ? hmm well thats not good - getting confused with all these posts latley

Yeah, thought I had fixed it installing some "asmedia" USB drivers to solve another issue (the infamous constant disconnect/reconnect of the Logitech G930 headset) but nope, went back to disconnecting. The weird thing is if I connect it direct to a port on the PC it's kinda freaking out, display garbled and even unknown device in device manager, even though it's exactly the same as I had it connected before under Win 8 (direct to PC).

What are you, five?

Yeah, thought I had fixed it installing some "asmedia" USB drivers to solve another issue (the infamous constant disconnect/reconnect of the Logitech G930 headset) but nope, went back to disconnecting. The weird thing is if I connect it direct to a port on the PC it's kinda freaking out, display garbled and even unknown device in device manager, even though it's exactly the same as I had it connected before under Win 8 (direct to PC).

asmedia will make it worse - did here anyway sounds like a bios issue to me - have you updated your bios - you may want to try that also maybe try removing all of your usb devices in your control panel (device manager)  and let windows resort it out - try control panel first easiest - may have to reload drivers - clearing out those drivers first may help especially asmedia

Also make sure you have all your motherboard drivers up to date - important - maybe they got messed up wont hurt to reinstall - make sure they are the latest

One more thing forgot - reload your sound drivers if you havent they get messed up sometimes also

Rich Sennett

It's a wonky piece of gear. I found it was most reliable when (1) it was plugged directly into a USB 2 port directly on the PC, (2) it was powered by its own power supply, and (3) it had no more than two devices plugged into its own hub. Even then it would occasionally freak (garbled display), but an unplug / plug you typically fix it.

And absolutely ensure 500ma for each USB device on any hub.

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope

It's a wonky piece of gear. I found it was most reliable when (1) it was plugged directly into a USB 2 port directly on the PC, (2) it was powered by its own power supply, and (3) it had no more than two devices plugged into its own hub. Even then it would occasionally freak (garbled display), but an unplug / plug you typically fix it.

And absolutely ensure 500ma for each USB device on any hub.

I dont use usb headsets dont believe in them - not enough bang for the buck and rather use usb for my controllers - dont like to mix the two

Rich Sennett

What are you, five?

I don't get why you are insulting me. I said before, your problem is not the same as mine, so this solution will most likely not work for you. Your problem has a different source, therefore make another topic. 

And after running a 10 hour test, I think it's safe to say that the solution Richard proposed works, which is buying a powered USB hub, and a saitek power adapter.

Having the same issue and just ordered the Saitek power supply to see if that works for me. I think it's a Saitek problem because I also have the issue when I use my Saitek Trim Wheel as well. Anyway, the power supply will be cheaper than a better quality yoke at least for now. 

Will post results. 

Mitch