Sign in to follow this  
Malafor

NO VC just a Black box

Well i got FSX-SE 5 days ago and had nothing but trouble with it.Most of which has now been sorted.
But the major bug i have is when i launch the game into 5760x1080.
The Virtual Cockpit shows a black screen.If i launch it in 1920x1080 its all fine.
I have 3x23" HP Monitors.
I dont use DirectX 10 ( i have tried it ) Lowerd all my settings to lowest possable and still no VC.
I have spent hours trolling here there and everywhere for an answer with no luck so far and still waiting on dovetail to answer my ticket.
I have also tried both default cockpit views
My set-up is
AMD FX 8350 8 cores at 4ghz.
32gig of ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX760 2000mb
3x23" HP Monitors

Cheers All

Which aircraft are you trying to use? I've had problems when using add-on aircraft which I solved by making sure the vc textures were copied into the specific aircraft's texture folder. 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Hi Doner,

Its one of the stock planes Bombardier CRJ700.

Nows heres a funny thing having just got the game i thought i would work my way through the missions.

I played with the CRJ700 in free Flight mode so i could get a small feel of it.

I didnt like the cockpit view so installed Ezdok and set up the planes i would use in the missions 4-5 planes ahead.

I put the CRJ in the free game loaded it up VC was there setup the Ezdok setting i wanted and it worked just fine.

Then Went to do the mission Tutorial 8 - Transitioning to Jets And No VC ,went back to Free Flight and no VC.

Now the smaller planes like the Cess,Beechcraft King Ait 350 all work fine.

So i thought try the AirBus in the Rome-Naples Airline Run mission and that work fine with Ezdok.

Thanks

Perhaps Ezdok is messing something up? I've just selected that tutorial and flown it successfully - VC and 2D panels all working fine. I don't have Ezdok.

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I did the mission in 1920 x 1080 then at 3000 res, so maybe with the game being old it doesnt like my high settings lol.

But i have seen on other forums that is common problem so i will mess about check the code bla bla and post back here if i find a solution :|

Worst case i can reinstall and start from fresh.

What Resolution did you play that mission in Don ?

1280x1024 - the maximum my flatscreen monitor can handle.

By the way, the name's Mark, username HighBypass - it just says Donor because I donated some money to contribute to the costs of AVSIM's site ;) 

Mark Robinson

Hi Mark,

1280x1024 also works for me it will work upto 3000 ish so i guess i will play in windowed mode so i can change the size so that it all works :)

Names Paul Malafor is from my eve-online days i say days it was over 12 years and just had enough the way it was going.

So now as i have too much time on my hands i thought i would try Flight Sims.

My eve corp has but almost moved on and we have a Teamspeak 3 server just sitting there so you need any comms for you or your  friends feel free to use it i can make you your channel etc Just pm me and al send info over.

Thanks fr your help buddy :)

Paul

Edit.

If you get bored while flying jump on anyways am usually around

• Upvote 1