Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

Status KA350i?

Hi,

Does anyone knows what the status of the KA350i is?

I bought it more then a year ago in the pre-sales, and since then not much happened.

All I know is that Milviz released several other new aircrafts.

It looks like the KA350i doesn't have their attention anymore, despite what Milviz is saying.

Yes... I do know that I bought a not finished product that needed to be finished, but come on..... it's now more then a year ago.

I'm not amused to say the least.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Welcome to the club!  I bought the Blackbox A330 'prologue' V0.6 nearly three years ago.  In three years it has progressed from V0.6 to V0.81.  No sign of when the official 'V1.0' will be released, if ever.  But at least there are signs they are 'working on it'.

Buying an in-development product comes with no guarantees of when, or if, a final product will be released.

David

CYXE

David, CYXE

Buying an in-development product comes with no guarantees of when, or if, a final product will be released.

It does come with a garantuee that the final product will be released,

but you are very true about the when part.

I knew this when I bought it so in that respect no problem.

What agitates me is that they have released several new other products and apparently they don't have any hurry anymore to release the KA350i

I bought the KA350i also as an incentive so they would be able to finish it.

This was the very first product I bought in presales and also it is the very last product I bought in presales. I have learned my lesson.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

You might want to cut them some slack. Doing a Proline 21 avionics suite correctly isn't a walk in the park.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Milviz has a number of teams and they work on different projects, so by them releasing other planes first before the KA350i doesn't mean that the KA team is not still working on it. But yes, it's been awhile sense anything has been mentioned about it?

We have shown several videos of our progress in the recent past.  Work is going on full time with two coders working on the KA specifically.  The FMS 3000 is about 80% finished and the graphics for the PL-21 are 100% done.  As well, we have COMPLETELY redone (from scratch) the engine, hydraulic and pressurization systems.  These will be the absolute BEST that we've ever done and more than likely, better than any but the best in the world.

What remains is integrating the FMS, engine control(s) and the associated systems with the PL-21 displays.

It's also worth noting that we are doing all three PL-21 aircraft concurrently.  That doesn't mean that we will release them all at the same time but... their systems are more than slightly similar (95%+ in the case of the KA and the Avanti and 80%+ in the case of the Lear 60XR).

We have NO intention of stopping the work at any time and even though it's BLEEDING MV to do so, we are paying and paying to get this done and get it done RIGHT.

There are only 400 purchasers of the open product and they will see that they are the lucky ones as we plan on including a "special" gift for them.

Plus, the price will rise on release.  Significantly and for good reason.

That all said, we are all sorry about the length of time this has taken but writing a full on FMS 3000 and PL-21 and all the other stuff takes a long, long time.  Especially if it's done right.

Thanks.

Colin

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the extensive update.

I got frustrated because there wasn't much communication, (or perhaps I didn't noticed)

Anyway good to hear the KA still has full focus of the team.

Glad we finally got some sort of update. But 80% for the time frame isn't great. Any project manager knows this. My current job is @ 80% acquired in 2.5 years. Do the math, that is almost a snails pace and no matter what the client wants, it is only going to happen so fast. I guess the wait continues, and we sit on our hands and wait it out. Funny thing is I bought it for P3Dv2.5 and now we are in P3Dv3.1. Hopefully this will be the surprise. Joining the wait club see ya fellas. Cpt. out.

You might want to cut them some slack. Doing a Proline 21 avionics suite correctly isn't a walk in the park.

You sir would certainly know.  Really looking forward to Eaglesoft's XLS+ and Challenger 605.

It's also worth noting that we are doing all three PL-21 aircraft concurrently.  That doesn't mean that we will release them all at the same time but... their systems are more than slightly similar (95%+ in the case of the KA and the Avanti and 80%+ in the case of the Lear 60XR).

Brilliant.  That Avanti done to Milviz standards will be stunning and will become one of my go-to aircraft.  In short, it's a great time to be a flight sim enthusiast.  Keep up the amazing work, gentlemen!

-Elliot

Intel Core i9 10900k @ 5.1 GHz / Asus Maximus Hero XII / Nvidia RTX 3090 FE / 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 CL16-16-16-36 / Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB NVMe / Noctua NH-D15 / EVGA Supernova 1600 T2 / Honeycomb Alpha Yoke / CH Pro Pedals / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / HP Reverb G2

Guys

Milviz is not an ordinary development house. Quality is their first criterion in everything they do and therefore they don't release products that they are not enthusiastic about. As was publicly announced, the K 350i has seen a major change in its development process due to this emphasis in quality, and as expected this change has affected the development time.

I'm one of the early purchasers myself and I know that the product I'll get will be a gem. Also don't forget that these guys still improve the models they brought out several years ago.

Therefore it is better to wait with excitement than complaining.

I'm one of the early purchasers of the king air 350. I'm looking for a quality product and even though it's been awhile I'm in no hurry. Also....The Lear 60 really interests me.

There are only 400 purchasers of the open product and they will see that they are the lucky ones as we plan on including a "special" gift for them.

I am one of these.  Thanks for the update, no complaint from me as I have plenty of other favorites to keep me busy.  Looking forward to the Lear 60XR as well with the ProLine.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020