Sign in to follow this  

Default 747 Space Rocket?

Guest rmce

As I am enjoying mt FsPassengers add on so much I decided to go HEAVY metal, and start earning/losing BIG money!(loL) So, default 747 with add on nice panel.What causes default 747 to take off like a Nasa Rocket, with AOA almost vertical.A/P does nothing but increase ROC to stall levels within seconds.All A/P settings are reasonable (ROC +800)and speeds locked in to around 240. Flaps are set reasonably etc etc.CG is OK around centre with fuel evened out around tanks.I must be forgetting something.....not at all unusual nowadays.Any advice on any other 747 that is freeware?Thanks,

Try the Project Opensky 747 or the Meljet 747.Plenty of repaints for both.You wont go much wrong with either.Craig

Guest rmce

Craig,Thanks for advice.Went for Opensky Air Canada, and seems to be a nice aircraft with more sensible ROC.Of course that is the challenge of 747 not scraping bum on runway!(G)I shall go for MelJet as well.Thanks again..

Guest william273

one thing i've noticed on the default lear and boeing jets is if you hit the TO switch for the auto throttle, you'll get about 85% N1 power for takeoffs and not the 100% most of us use when doing it manually. so if i use about 85% power manually for takeoffs, the aircrafts seem to behave more realistically. william

Guest rmce

William,I agree, its just me and my manual throttle, hit 100%, then throttle back to stay within 250KTS.It just seenmed that no matter what I did, the default 747 AOC gets silly and stalls.Posky one recently downloaded behaves much better.

Guest william273

hi ronald, glad you found one that you like. i'm sure you understood what i meant but if not i'll say it another way. actually i haven't flown any of the default boeings in awhile but i do remember when i did, if i throttle up to about 85% N1 it would takeoff very well. as for stalling you may need to trim down soon after takeoff to keep the pitch down and so as not to stall. you can also possibly use more power on takeoff but you might need to pitch up to about 20 degrees to keep your speed down. FS9 is may not be right on the money but is close enough considering EVERYTHING they've put together. if all else fails use an add-on.:-) william

Guest rmce

William,Thanks for the reply.Posky Air Canada 747 Combi is the one I have selected. Radios would not click with mouse, but amendement to panel in aircraft.cfg fixed this.Completed a flight, with Fs Passengers giving me a Perfect flight!However, I could not turn off engines to cold and dark, cannot see where to do this on panel.I think there is a key command somewhere.I had forgot how long it takes these aircraft to slow down! ILS approach was fun! Fs Passengers instructed me that no over 250KTS under 10K, so it was nice to have a percentage variable speed brake to manipulate. Fs Passengers has reawakened my whole Fs time. Have created a short haul company with an old 737 that I have added multiple things to, and I wanted a Long Haul company to play with. Gotta make money!regards,

Don't forget to get the latest FDE for the posky bird to make it more realistic and fun!! search in the library here, or on the posky forum they have links