Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Smooth panning in VC possible?

Does anyone know a way to get smooth panning in the VC? That's to say, similar to the way the sim pans in spot view if you open a flight plan (.flt file) with this value:

SpotFastTransition=False

.. you get a nice 'gliding' pan (continues a very short time after you release the hat switch) rather than the 'bone dry' pan (stops at the exact moment you release the hat switch) that setting the above option to 'true' produces. I'd really like to have the same smooth panning in the Virtual Cockpit, if that is possible somehow...

Thanks

Hi, I already have Track IR, thanks, but I only use it for slow VFR flying. For 'heavy jets' I generally use the 2D cockpit, but would like to change the 'dry' panning when I do go to the VC.. if that is achievable.

Change Pan_Rate=         to 900

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Change Pan_Rate=         to 900

Wow 900 - I usually do 100 - wasnt sure you could actually go past 100

Rich Sennett

Wow 900 - I usually do 100 - wasnt sure you could actually go past 100

Been using 900 for years  Butter smooth panning at 60 FPS, not a single hitch or stutter

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Been using 900 for years  Butter smooth panning at 60 FPS, not a single hitch or stutter

Have to check that out - thanks 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Hi. Thanks - I should have perhaps said what I had already tried (sorry) - I had changed the pan rate to 800, but that just seems to make the panning faster, not smoother, if you see the difference. The spot view panning 'glides' and the panning quickly slows down to a halt, rather than the split second you stop panning. The effect is much nicer IMHO.

Do you really get this smooth panning in the VC in your sim?

Hi. Thanks - I should have perhaps said what I had already tried (sorry) - I had changed the pan rate to 800, but that just seems to make the panning faster, not smoother, if you see the difference. The spot view panning 'glides' and the panning quickly slows down to a halt, rather than the split second you stop panning. The effect is much nicer IMHO.

Do you really get this smooth panning in the VC in your sim?

I do, even with the iFly 747...  Key is 60 FPS on 60Hz refresh rate...  Everything on my sim is butter smooth :)  Pan rate is largely affected by FPS...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk